Chasing Mosquitos out of the garage (shop)

Heh, God created Mosquito's to make Flies look better!

Reply to
John DeBoo

AVON Skin So Soft . . . safe and it works . . . I live in Louisiana, alot of fisherman here use it on the bayous . . .

Reply to
Steve DeMars

No mosquitoes and soft skin too. Is that why Louisiana men attract women so easily. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Socks, shoes, pants.

Reply to
Sam

Unless he dons a Hazmat suit, the bastards will just go for his face, neck, arms, whatever he left exposed. If there any worse mosquitos than the ones I dealt with in MO, lord help the afflicted.

Dave

Reply to
David

We Canadians have a sure cure for your mosquitoes problem. Spend a few weeks in our Northern forests where horseflies as big as sparrows go after you and then you'll laugh the next time a swarm of mosquitoes eye your exposed skin.

Reply to
Upscale

No, that's why fishermen attract so many Louisianians.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

AVON Skin So Soft has yet another use. It cleans old (motorcycle drive-chain) grease off your hands better than some of the 'speciality' cleaners such as Swarfega and some of those citrus cleaners.

From Shovel Head to pecker head in one motion of a lotion. A quick rinse and your good to go to macramee class. Yessirreee, from pot-belly to potpourri.... (WTF *is* 'pourri'??.... never mind..*you* DAGS it...)

(note: my spell checker refuses to acknowledge the existence of both 'pecker' and 'macramee')

Reply to
Robatoy

It's been shown that some people are blessed with being "unattractive" to mosquitos. You simply must not smell right!

Lucky you!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

You need to find where the little bastards are hiding. We've had a lot of rain the last couple of months and the mosquitoes can be fierce. I bought a Mosquito Magnet and didn't catch a single mosquito with it. What I've had excellent luck with is Cutter's... not the repellent... the stuff you hook up to a garden hose and spray the bushes with. Go out and spray all the plants and under the decks, etc. Mosquitoes like to hang out in low areas. Spray the shit out of them. Do it again a few days after it rains or when you start to notice them again. When you've thinned the herd around your house, you should find the garage habitable again.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I've had good luck burning one of the "Off" brand lanterns with repellant. Of course you have to keep in mind there is now an open flame in the shop. I can put it right by the door and it makes a good barrier.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hey! I LIKE mosquitos. NeedleDick (the bug fuc*er)

[Always a high class guy...]
Reply to
jo4hn

Mortimer, I think you are in the RTP area also? I live in Chapel Hill and like you, I had no luck with the Mosquito Magnet - tried it for about nine months and I think I trapped about 20 mosquitoes. Our local breed just isn't interested. Fortunately the unit had a one year warranty and I got my money back on it.

I have tried the Cutter's and it seemed to work but also seemed expensive (about 1/2 bottle per application plus the time to do it). It was effective but only for a few days. Maybe I should have done multiple passes to get the population down to a manageable level. I have looked into the misters that another poster had mentioned - it uses the same chemical (Pyrethrum) as the Cutter's. If you recommend the Cutter's maybe I'll try that approach again, just more thoroughly this time...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

Through total disgust, I just ate the money on mine. I guess I'll use it for target practice. And you're not far off: I'm in Charlotte.

Cutter's isn't perfect but it sure gets me some relief at least until the next series of heavy rains. Then the little beggars regenerate. But every time I spray, there is a remarkable reduction in their numbers. Just remember to hit the low areas the heaviest.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Wasn't there a CDC or other study that pretty much debunked the whole concept??

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

My neighbor has one, and it's pretty useless.

I think bats are quite a bit more effective.

Reply to
B a r r y

Yep, and we woodworkers can build them a great house as well!

Sounds like a new project in the works!!

Reply to
vdubbs

Those are serious misquitoes when you have to use a bat on them. Sam

Reply to
Sam

Never been to Wisconsin, have you Sam...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes. I lived outside Nelson, Wis. on the edge of the Nelson Bottoms, where the Chippewa River joins the Mississippi. Misquitoes 24 hrs. a day from May to October. At night the woods actually hummed. We bought the large cans of OFF by the case, you couldn't go outside without it. Sam ( We found a tennis racket worked good, as you could get 2 or 3 at a time. Usually it just stunned them and then you had to run them over with the car or finish them off with an axe. ;))

Reply to
Sam