Charnwood W615 table saw

I am thinking of buying the Charnwood W615 table saw. Does anyone have ay experience of this saw?

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:12:37 +0000 (UTC), "Lawrence Zarb"

looks pretty light duty.....
It's the same as the Record Power and the Ferm/Screwfix one. I've used the Ferm one. Took a day and a copy of the Record Power instructions to fine tune it -- the Ferm instructions are hopelessly inadequate. The fence and adjustments are just about adequate as is the general finish quality. The best thing about it is the induction motor. But you might like to consider a brush motor saw with a better fence and finish. Also the Charnwood/Record/Ferm has a smaller depth of cut than similar brush motor saws. The Ferm version crops up new on eBay for 120. There's a discussion list on Record Power's website where you'll find others people's views of the saw.
HTH,
Mike