Charlie Self will return

Charlie emailed me to say that since AOL dropped newsgroups he's in ISP hell, and that he'll return ASAP. Meanwhile he wishes he could post a reply to the Titebond III query saying that Lee Valley's glue is neat stuff.
Bob Schmall

Bob, can you pass an offer from me to Charlie? I can set him up a shell account on a box he can use until he gets this straightened out. My email address works.
Dave Hinz
Dave Hinz wrote:

Or he could go to news.individual.net and get a free account--only limitation is no binary groups.

Right, that's what I'm using for a newsfeed. I'm just saying if he wants a shell to get to it, I'll give him one.
Dave: He requested your email addy and I sent it to him.
Bob

Great. Nothing from him as of now, but I'll do what I can.
Bob Schmall wrote:

news.individual.net even works through our firewall Joe
Tell Charlie to try Google Groups. Now the easiest to read, but pretty darn convienent.
Andy NWNJ
NJTrout wrote:

I'd say there're pretty da... <in>convenient... Other than the fact that one can access them, there's nothing convenient about their interface whatsoever, imo. :(
Got to agree, but it's what I'm using right now. I could not get Google to open decently yesterday and the day before--I could read, not post.
Now, if Dave will only come up with some sort of filter...with filters in place, we probably all forget just how much CRAP is posted to the Wreck by the idiots running around loose in the world.

Actually, news.individual.net does a great job of cancelling the blatant spam/multipost crap. OT, of course, is impossible to automate. (you've got mail, by the way).
Dave
Bob Schmall wrote:

So, it wasn't a hoax?
Barry