Charlie Self Update (Latest)

Ditto we historians.
Bob

Shouldn't the be "us historians" that speak English?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

We. Sentance:
We historians speak English.
Subject "We", modified by "historians"
Predicate "speak", modified by "English"
St. Peter heard a knock at the pearly gates:
St. Peter: "Who is it?"
Supplicant: "It is I"
St. Peter: "Oh GREAT. Another English teacher."

One of the _few_ times St. Peter got it wrong.
There'd been a dual fatality on the Sesame St. set, the number 4 was 2nd in line.
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:27:14 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles

The implied subject makes the sentence read: Some of us [cabinetmakers] even speak English.
Echoing that sentiment, the correct implied sentence is: Ditto, [some of] us historians.
I don't really care. I always laugh at the we/us-I/me contortions anyway. Usually the simple test is to add or drop a word and it makes it clear to all. Like newscasters saying at the break, "join Joyce and me with local news..." So many people want to make it "I".
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
snipped-for-privacy@plushrecordings.net wrote an essay about hogwash and claptrap which I, in the interests of brevity and integrity, have snipped:
It appears that Jeremy T. has scaped the very fiber of many wRECker beings this morning. This seems to occur whenever his lover, Nanny, bleats out the standard headache excuse for not engaging in amorous pursuits. Better luck tomorrow, Jeremy T.     mahalo,     jo4hn
p.s. Remember DFTFT is an acronym meaning Don't Feed The Trolls.
jo4hn wrote:

not EXACTLY... :)
dave

I'll jopin the chorus...
Fuck you, Mr. Baird.
Who is Jeremy T Blair? Was he elected god on a ballot I missed?
RB
snipped-for-privacy@plushrecordings.net wrote:

Just another troll, back for a second round to see who he can get to pay attention to him.
In article

Perhaps "AAA" should become web shorthand :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Too many prior associations.
Kevin
--
=====
Found: Iraqi WMDs! Please appear in person to claim!