Charlie Self, the major woodworking magazine contributor shows off his literary style once again.

Wed, May 5, 2004, 1:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bay=A0Area=A0Dave) burbled: LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of the word?

Indeed I do, but apparently you need help, so: From WordNet (r) 1.7 (wn) cad n 1: someone who is morally reprehensible

I have LOT'S of principles.

I don't recall addressing principles. Howwever, I don't doubt you do have some. They can be good, or ill, tho. The ones you exhibit here, I wouldn't term good.

One is to spar with you with half my brain in sleep mode. =A0

Well, that explains some things..

I called someone vile names? oh, the inhumanity of it all!! A bounder? Now that's one I'd have to look up.

No doubt.

You've been at the thesaurus rex again, haven't you J T, alias JOAT.

No, I don't require one. And, I have always signed my postings as JOAT, no alias involved. As for the J T, it's clear enought, if you think about it for awhile. Or, perhaps not. Doesn't matter, it stays - until I see fit to change it. Regardles, I'll still be signing my posts as JOAT.

I still think you wimped out by changing your screen name. That's bowing to the whims of the terrorist twit who was messing with you.

OK, that's your opinion.

He was a vile SOB,

He/she was/is a pathetic little coward.

and I take exception to you lumping me in with the likes of him.

No, you are in a different lump.

I thought you might be above such dastardly deeds. I'm off in a huff.

I see you need to look up dastardly too. If you can't get a huff, go off in a minute and a huff.

P.S. Joat for all the smack I give you and all you give in return, I think you are ok. Don't tell anyone though, or my reputation will be shot worse than it already is.

Yeah, sure, right, and I bet you'd hug me if I was there, too. To that I respond, "and the white horse you rode in on".

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

Joat, Joat, Joat. I say you are "ok" and you respond with, "and the white horse...". Now WHO is being the "cad"? Who's being churlish?

you must use a different dictionary than I do. Here is a definition of "cad": A man whose behavior is unprincipled or dishonorable.

NOW do you see why I mentioned I have principles?

dave

J T wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

JOAT ...

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Tom Watson wrote

  1. Came to believe that an nntp client greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  2. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of tn as we understood it.
  3. Made a searching and fearless google search of our rec.norm postings.
  4. Admitted to the Cabal, to ourselves and to another rec.normer, the exact nature of our BAD-Baiting.
  5. Were entirely ready to have Larr remove all of our feed-the-troll proclivities.
  6. Humbly asked tn to mark all BAD threads as read.

  1. Made a list of all rec.normers we had flamed, and became willing to make amends to all but BAD.

  2. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, especially if we'd mentioned that dealing with BAD was like flicking a crusty booger.

  1. Continued to take personal inventory of our lumber, tools and finishing supplies, and when we BAD-baited instead of tool/project gloated, we promptly admitted it.

  2. Sought through planing and medication to deny BAD's existence, asking only for knowledge of the tn man page and the power to "nroff

-man | more" that to our screen.

  1. Having had a Neanderthal wooddorking awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other rec.normers, and to practice these principles at least once in a while.

Thanks for letting me share.

O'Deen

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

Having read this, I am so emotional just now that I am sure that I will not express myself well but,

Didn't Boy Dave once say that he had "baited breath"?

Just checking in.

And thanks for sharing.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

could be. Just like Charlie once wrote an article entitled "Hand drill...", but blamed it on his editor, when pressed for an explanation. Way to go Charlie. Don't you love a guy who blames others for his screw ups? He couldn't just admit he blew it. That would be the mark of someone with class.

dave

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Don't know who coined these but they are great!

WoodworkerDan Dan Harriman

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Dan

Bay Area Dave wrote: : could be. Just like Charlie once wrote an article entitled : "Hand drill...", but blamed it on his editor, when pressed : for an explanation.

Please provide details. Or, alternatively, f*ck off.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Bay Area Dave wrote: : LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of : the word? I have LOT'S of principles.

Nice non-spelling, ass*ole.

- Andy BArss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Hmmm... Andy, a couple of things to think about.

you aren't gonna accomplish anything with dave, except perhaps blowing off a little steam. whose .sig line here is it that talks about debating idiots?

when you keep quoting the idiot you effectively bypass my (and others') killfiles, while worsening the overall sygnal to noise ratio here.

please do not feed the trolls.... Bridger

Reply to
bridger

in other words he's telling you what to do.

dave

snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave