Charlie Self, the major woodworking magazine contributor shows off his literary style once again.

Page 3 of 3
Describe? Hell, he could be the poster boy.
Art
(Bay Area Dave) whines: lewd??? Me?? you GOTTA be kidding, JOATY! sometimes rude; never lewd. can you stop spreading lies??
Well Homer, it was/is an opinion. And, seems to be pretty well backed up pretty well by the dictionary. So, lewd it was, and lewd it is. "lewd" From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (web1913) Lewd \Lewd\ (l[=u]d), a. [Compar. (-[~e]r); superl. .] [. lewed, lewd, lay, ignorant, vile, <snip> 2. Belonging to the lower classes, or the rabble; idle and lawless; bad; vicious. [Archaic] --Chaucer.
We'll take a group vote. Does that, or does that not describe Homer, AKA Bay Area Dave?
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret
Tue, May 4, 2004, 10:05pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (BayAreaDave) burbled: <snip> that was a joke... Hardly anyone can tell when I'm joking aroundhere. <snip>
So, your idea of joking is to call someone vile, and demeaning, names, then expect them to find that humorous? Is that it? That might, I say MIGHT, work with an old, old, friend, and to his face. It doesn't cut it on-line. When you are not being completely silly, you seem to turn to being viscious and spiteful, you have no sense of humor. I'm very glad I don't have to deal with you in person. I think I could meet face to face, with almost anyone on this group, even the fruitcakes (no, I'm not saying gay, I mean whackos), and hold a reasonable conversation, for a few minutes at least. With anyone excpet you, that is.
You, sirrah, have proven yourself to be a cad, and a bounder, and should be reviled by all present. You offend me.
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret
LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of the word? I have LOT'S of principles. One is to spar with you with half my brain in sleep mode. I called someone vile names? oh, the inhumanity of it all!! A bounder? Now that's one I'd have to look up. You've been at the thesaurus rex again, haven't you J T, alias JOAT. I still think you wimped out by changing your screen name. That's bowing to the whims of the terrorist twit who was messing with you. He was a vile SOB, and I take exception to you lumping me in with the likes of him. I thought you might be above such dastardly deeds. I'm off in a huff.
P.S. Joat for all the smack I give you and all you give in return, I think you are ok. Don't tell anyone though, or my reputation will be shot worse than it already is.
Cheers!
dave
J T wrote:

Wed, May 5, 2004, 1:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (BayAreaDave) burbled: LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of the word?
Indeed I do, but apparently you need help, so: From WordNet (r) 1.7 (wn) cad n 1: someone who is morally reprehensible
I have LOT'S of principles.
I don't recall addressing principles. Howwever, I don't doubt you do have some. They can be good, or ill, tho. The ones you exhibit here, I wouldn't term good.
One is to spar with you with half my brain in sleep mode.
Well, that explains some things..
I called someone vile names? oh, the inhumanity of it all!! A bounder? Now that's one I'd have to look up.
No doubt.
You've been at the thesaurus rex again, haven't you J T, alias JOAT.
No, I don't require one. And, I have always signed my postings as JOAT, no alias involved. As for the J T, it's clear enought, if you think about it for awhile. Or, perhaps not. Doesn't matter, it stays - until I see fit to change it. Regardles, I'll still be signing my posts as JOAT.
I still think you wimped out by changing your screen name. That's bowing to the whims of the terrorist twit who was messing with you.
OK, that's your opinion.
He was a vile SOB,
He/she was/is a pathetic little coward.
and I take exception to you lumping me in with the likes of him.
No, you are in a different lump.
I thought you might be above such dastardly deeds. I'm off in a huff.
I see you need to look up dastardly too. If you can't get a huff, go off in a minute and a huff.
P.S. Joat for all the smack I give you and all you give in return, I think you are ok. Don't tell anyone though, or my reputation will be shot worse than it already is.
Yeah, sure, right, and I bet you'd hug me if I was there, too. To that I respond, "and the white horse you rode in on".
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret
Joat, Joat, Joat. I say you are "ok" and you respond with, "and the white horse...". Now WHO is being the "cad"? Who's being churlish?
you must use a different dictionary than I do. Here is a definition of "cad": A man whose behavior is unprincipled or dishonorable.
NOW do you see why I mentioned I have principles?
dave
J T wrote:

JOAT ...
<< I see you need to look up dastardly too. If you can't get a huff, go off in a minute and a huff.>>
You forgot to add "I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse."
Lee

: LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of : the word? I have LOT'S of principles.
Nice non-spelling, ass*ole.
    - Andy BArss
On Thu, 6 May 2004 05:02:20 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

Hmmm... Andy, a couple of things to think about.
you aren't gonna accomplish anything with dave, except perhaps blowing off a little steam. whose .sig line here is it that talks about debating idiots?
when you keep quoting the idiot you effectively bypass my (and others') killfiles, while worsening the overall sygnal to noise ratio here.
please do not feed the trolls....     Bridger
in other words he's telling you what to do.
dave
snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote:

"Slowhand" wrote in message ...

def'n:
Plonk - the sound of a decent turd hitting the water at the bottom of the killfile.
Ploink - the sound of a lightweight turd hitting the water at the bottom of the killfile.
Plank - the sound made when a troll is physically located by a wrecker with a tubufower.
Daniel wrote:

Pick up a copy of Nfilter/Netproxy from Robert and a set of filters from Doug. If the filter doesn't have this line, add it. * drop from:Bay Area Dave Enough is enough, Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: