Charlie Self, the major woodworking magazine contributor shows off his literary style once again.

I got tired of seeing his foul-mouthed posts. period.

don't like me mentioning it here? tough. plonk me, or live with it and quit your whining.

dave

J T wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On Mon, 03 May 2004 05:23:29 GMT, Michael Baglio brought forth from the murky depths:

-snip of Frankendresser repair-

Quality time amid the termite barf. Whoda thunk it?

Excellent, Michael. That's precisely why my twit filter is full, my TV set is off, and the newspaper gets only a cursory daily exam. Their 50:1 negative to positive ratio makes them not worth the time or energy.

Amen.

Your full post (which I snipped to shreds here) is a definite keeper! Thank you for reposting it.

----- = The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality. =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well done! Beautifully written, and profoundly beautiful .... and with regard to this thread, the equivalent of discovering the Hope diamond in a pile of crap.

Reply to
Swingman

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>"

I respectfully disagree. Shunning is appropriate. He is and shall forever be shunned. Shunning simply requires *us* to be strong. Very, very strong.

Reply to
mttt

bucket: n. [very common]

  1. The universal data sink (originally, the mythical receptacle used to catch bits when they fall off the end of a register during a shift instruction). Discarded, lost, or destroyed data is said to have gone to the bit bucket. On Unix, often used for /dev/null. Sometimes amplified as the Great Bit Bucket in the Sky.
  2. The place where all lost mail and news messages eventually go. The selection is performed according to Finagle's Law; important mail is much more likely to end up in the bit bucket than junk mail, which has an almost
100% probability of getting delivered. Routing to the bit bucket is automatically performed by mail-transfer agents, news systems, and the lower layers of the network.
  1. The ideal location for all unwanted mail responses: "Flames about this article to the bit bucket." Such a request is guaranteed to overflow one's mailbox with flames.
  2. Excuse for all mail that has not been sent. "I mailed you those figures last week; they must have landed in the bit bucket." Compare black hole. This term is used purely in jest. It is based on the fanciful notion that bits are objects that are not destroyed but only misplaced. This appears to have been a mutation of an earlier term 'bit box', about which the same legend was current; old-time hackers also report that trainees used to be told that when the CPU stored bits into memory it was actually pulling them "out of the bit box". See also chad box. Another variant of this legend has it that, as a consequence of the "parity preservation law", the number of 1 bits that go to the bit bucket must equal the number of 0 bits. Any imbalance results in bits filling up the bit bucket. A qualified computer technician can empty a full bit bucket as part of scheduled maintenance. The source for all these meanings, is, historically, the fact that the chad box on a paper-tape punch was sometimes called a bit bucket.

James....

Reply to
J&KCopeland

You didn't mention WOM - Write Only Memory

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Mon, May 3, 2004, 2:27pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bay=A0Area=A0Dave) burbled: I got tired of seeing his foul-mouthed posts. period. don't like me mentioning it here? tough. plonk me, or live with it and quit your whining.

Homer, Homer, Homer. By now, even you should know I don't whine.

You must really be keeping close tabs on the man. Personally I don't recall him saying such words here. But, I wasn't keeping track either. Be easy enough to check. If I was interested. Which, I'm not.

Plonk you? Well, as I've informed you before, WebTV does not have that capability. Perhaps one day. Still, even as rude, crude, and lewd, as you are, I'm not sure if I would plonk you, even if I had the capability; you are kinda fascinating, in a morbid sort of way. But, meanwhile, I suggest you try a aeronautical interaction at a revolving toroidal shaped pastry.

Or, you could simply "know" yourself.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

lewd??? Me?? you GOTTA be kidding, JOATY! sometimes rude; never lewd. can you stop spreading lies??

dave

J T wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Tue, May 4, 2004, 1:19am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bay=A0Area=A0Dave) whines: lewd??? Me?? you GOTTA be kidding, JOATY! sometimes rude; never lewd. can you stop spreading lies??

Well Homer, it was/is an opinion. And, seems to be pretty well backed up pretty well by the dictionary. So, lewd it was, and lewd it is. "lewd" From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (web1913) Lewd \Lewd\ (l[=3Du]d), a. [Compar. {Lewder} (-[~e]r); superl. {Lewdest}.]=

[{OE}. lewed, lewd, lay, ignorant, vile,
  1. Belonging to the lower classes, or the rabble; idle and lawless; bad; vicious. [Archaic] --Chaucer.

We'll take a group vote. Does that, or does that not describe Homer, AKA Bay Area Dave?

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

def'n:

Plonk - the sound of a decent turd hitting the water at the bottom of the killfile.

Ploink - the sound of a lightweight turd hitting the water at the bottom of the killfile.

Plank - the sound made when a troll is physically located by a wrecker with a tubufower.

Reply to
Greg Millen

ROTFLMAO!

Thank you Jim. I worked in the industry for some 27yr.(NCR Corp. large system maintenance), and had never heard the *official* definition.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Pick up a copy of Nfilter/Netproxy from Robert and a set of filters from Doug. If the filter doesn't have this line, add it.

  • drop from:Bay Area Dave Enough is enough, Dave in Fairfax
Reply to
dave in fairfax

Michael Baglio wrote

There was a time when I thought powerlessness referred to the Neanderthal wooddorking practice of avoiding power tools. Thanks for the reminder, Michael. Welcome to this meeting of BAD Baiters Anonymous.

Hi, I'm Paddy, and I'm a BAD-Baiter.

(all say) "Hi Paddy!"

O'Deen

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

Paddy Olguin responds:

I apologize in advance, but I can't resist:

"Hi, Master!"

Charlie Self "The lust of avarice as so totally seized upon mankind that their wealth seems rather to possess them than they possess their wealth." Pliny

Reply to
Charlie Self

Describe? Hell, he could be the poster boy.

Art

Well Homer, it was/is an opinion. And, seems to be pretty well backed up pretty well by the dictionary. So, lewd it was, and lewd it is. "lewd" From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (web1913) Lewd \Lewd\ (l[=u]d), a. [Compar. {Lewder} (-[~e]r); superl. {Lewdest}.] [{OE}. lewed, lewd, lay, ignorant, vile,

  1. Belonging to the lower classes, or the rabble; idle and lawless; bad; vicious. [Archaic] --Chaucer.

We'll take a group vote. Does that, or does that not describe Homer, AKA Bay Area Dave?

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
Wood Butcher

You "beat" me to it.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I respect anyone who can admit to what they've done. I'm not saying I'd buy you a beer, but I'll give credit where/when it is due.

dave

Patrick Olgu> Michael Baglio wrote

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

  1. We admitted we were powerless over BAD and that our filters had become unmanageable.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Tue, May 4, 2004, 10:05pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bay=A0Area=A0Dave) burbled: that was a joke... Hardly anyone can tell when I'm joking around here.

So, your idea of joking is to call someone vile, and demeaning, names, then expect them to find that humorous? Is that it? That might, I say MIGHT, work with an old, old, friend, and to his face. It doesn't cut it on-line. When you are not being completely silly, you seem to turn to being viscious and spiteful, you have no sense of humor. I'm very glad I don't have to deal with you in person. I think I could meet face to face, with almost anyone on this group, even the fruitcakes (no, I'm not saying gay, I mean whackos), and hold a reasonable conversation, for a few minutes at least. With anyone excpet you, that is.

You, sirrah, have proven yourself to be a cad, and a bounder, and should be reviled by all present. You offend me.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

LOL! Now I'm a cad! :) Are you SURE you know the meaning of the word? I have LOT'S of principles. One is to spar with you with half my brain in sleep mode. I called someone vile names? oh, the inhumanity of it all!! A bounder? Now that's one I'd have to look up. You've been at the thesaurus rex again, haven't you J T, alias JOAT. I still think you wimped out by changing your screen name. That's bowing to the whims of the terrorist twit who was messing with you. He was a vile SOB, and I take exception to you lumping me in with the likes of him. I thought you might be above such dastardly deeds. I'm off in a huff.

P.S. Joat for all the smack I give you and all you give in return, I think you are ok. Don't tell anyone though, or my reputation will be shot worse than it already is.

Cheers!

dave

J T wrote:

Reply to