Charlie Self's tautology

LOL Excellent!

Reply to
Swingman

Speaking of "Self", what's the latest word on Will?

Reply to
Swingman

That's our Charlie... the poster child for tautologies everywhere!

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Better that than being a poster child for 'slack-ologies'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Swingman asks:

Durned if I know. I e-mailed his wife a week or so ago, but no response yet. I may have to see if I can relocate his phone number--I am the world's worst at keeping decent phone and address records--and give him a call. It has been a month I'd say since I talked to him, and some weeks since I heard from Margaret. He should be in rehab now, and I imagine that's a rough way to spend time.

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

I think Mr. Bukcley is an (or is it "a") euphimitistic circumlocutionist, exuberated by his own verbosity. Don'tcha just hate that?

What a group -e.e.cummings AND William F. Buckley referenced in one

24 hour period!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Bob Schmall notes:

Sneaky. I'd go for the child idea, but if I do, I'm in my second childhood, and with my luck, my knees would probably still hurt.

Poster child for the Sore Knee Foundation?

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

Ayup, but SKF doesn't make *knee bearings*.

(Sorry Charlie, just couldn't let that one pass)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Let us know if you hear anything.

FWIW ... ya might have bum knees, Bro, but you got a good heart. There is no doubt that the comfort and concern you've provided him and his family goes a long way.

Reply to
Swingman

Yeah, well I got a lot of emotional support here after my fire. It does seem fair to try to return some of it, though the fact that I also like Will helps a lot.

Dunno if he really is my cousin or not, but he's a pretty good guy, with some interesting hobbies (Margaret did say the last I heard from her that he was playing a little guitar again, but annoyed that he couldn't do better).

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

On 30 Jan 2004 15:18:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Are you part Sioux? They had Wounded Knees.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques asks:

No Sioux me. My old man said he was something like 1/4 Cherokee, IIRC. I never got around to asking which quarter.