Charlie Self's Socks

<more crap>
From DSM IV
"Bipolar I: For a diagnosis of Bipolar I disorder, a person must have at least one manic episode. Mania is sometimes referred to as the other extreme to depression. Mania is an intense high where the person feels euphoric, almost indestructible in areas such as personal finances, business dealings, or relationships. They may have an elevated self-esteem, be more talkative than usual, have flight of ideas, a reduced need for sleep, and be easily distracted. The high, although it may sound appealing, will often lead to severe difficulties in these areas, such as spending much more money than intended, making extremely rash business and personal decisions, involvement in dangerous sexual behavior, and/or the use of drugs or alcohol. Depression is often experienced as the high quickly fades and as the consequences of their activities becomes apparent, the depressive episode can be exacerbated."
Regards, Tom.
More egomaniacal claptrap from he who thinks he is a shrink. All that has shrunk is the portion of your brain that controls impulse posting to "attempt" to bait me. I'm not biting, Tommy WasteOne. Go back to limericks. Those were pretty good from time to time.
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

You just bit, IDIOT!
P.S. Fuck Off

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html
Regards, Tom.
same old same old. you really are in a rut.
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Hey Tom, If you don't like this group, why don't you start your own? Would anyone come? You're suposely a pro woodworker, why not act like one? Do some woodworking instead of talking trash.
Gothumbs blurts:

Probably not more than 3-4 Toms on here.
Why are you on here insulting people instead of out playing with your wood?
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Boy, lots of troll-feeding going on. I'm sure he's enjoying the attention.
anything you can do to make them stop? :) That would be fine with me! It's always amazed me that the miscreants keep writing that I want attention. If that's the case why do I not care when the miscreant crowd plonks me. That's my PREFERENCE. sheesh!
dav
dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

Not the redgum from Oz but the tree with the star-haped leaves that looks like a sweetgum until Fall when the leaves turn deep purple.
Does anybody out there work much with redgum? There's a sawyer down in Southern Maryland who has a lot of it. I've notice that a lot of the redgums around here are getting sick and dying and have al ot of fungus growing on them so I figure there must be a lot of spalted wood in them.
--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Not yet, who anre where's the sawyer? S MD isn't too far a drive for some neat wood. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Maryland Forest Products in Nanjemoy, MD, on the Potomac.
--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote: Maryland Forest Products in Nanjemoy, MD, on the Potomac. Thanks, I check them out as soon as I can manage it.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Can't help you with the spalted wood, but you might consider the following: "Ribbon stripes are common because of the interlocked grain, which makes the wood mildly hard to work (it will knock the edges off your non-carbide tools fairly quickly, but otherwise it works very well), but exceptionally beautiful. Texture is uniform, wide boards are available, the wood is strong and stiff, there is no problem with splitting, glues work well, it holds detail at the edges (edges stay nice and sharp unless you really want to round them). It does not steam bend well, but overall red gum is a fantastic wood that is seldom used by hobby woodworkers."
Quoting myself there. In other words, go for it.
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers
charliediy stumbles:

Sorry, Fred. I'd smack my offending hand, but it already hurts. Too much time with the brush flail..can I call that a weed whacker without offending our resident censor?
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers