Charlie Self Christmas--call for ornaments

You recall that Charlie and Frances have gone through a rough patch in the last couple of months. First he was (unethically and probably illegally) let go by Woodcraft, then their house caught fire, and now they are moving back to Virginia. They've recovered from the fire and the insurance has provided new appliance, etc., BUT they lost a lifetime collection of Christmas ornaments. A couple of months ago I posted a call for ornaments and have received a couple of commitments. Dave Balderstone has sent one forward to me, and I have another. So howsa boutit, folks? Make or buy an ornament for one of our most respected members and send it to me, and I'll ship them all to a good home in time for the trimming. It needn't be extravagant, just something in the spiritof the season to let these good folks know you're thinking of them.

Email for my address. Bob Schmall Failure is not an option But it is a possibility

Reply to
Bob Schmall

C'mon folks... half an hour on the lathe or router table with one of those scrap pieces you were saving because "I'll use it some day" could produce a Self family heirloom!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

This has been repeated on the woodturning newsgroup, and there are 8-10 people working on ornaments. This includes a gent just laid off by Macroloft (sp?--evidently some computer place in Seattle) who is designing one now with his wife. Get on the bandwagon, folks--it's for a good cause.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall