Charles Self's new book

Received my signed copy of Charles's new book last week. If you recall, late in 2007, Charles requested pictures of peoples' shops for this new project. The book is out and is a complete one-stop shop of ideas for shop recommendations. This book is also one massive volume in terms of content -- it is understandable how a full year would be required to complete and publish a work like this.

I want to publicly thank Charles for the copy of the book and his use of pictures of my shop. We may not see eye to eye on some things, but he provides a wealth of knowledge in this book and I've really appreciated his opinions on tools and other woodworking posts on this forum.

Best of luck on the success of your book Charles.

Title: "Creating Your Own Woodshop"

Amazon link:

Waited to post this until I was able to find that the book had been released.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Mark & Juanita wrote in news:0c2dnfvfZuyyN0zUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

My basement is not in the book , but I have added the book to my wishlist. Once my NY State refund comes through ...

Reply to
Han

VZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Han, I couldn't use the shops I didn't know about!

Reply to
Charlie Self

I'm pretty sure the book is in stores now, Mark.

Thanks for the photos. I'm glad you like the result. David and the Pop. Woodworking Books bunch did a wonderful job, IMO.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I ordered my copy...

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

got mine too! thanks charles. 2 thumbs up! wish I had got it a few years ago...... looks like a reorganization is in order!

skeez..... alias fred p for those who want to know.

Reply to
skeez

Is it too late to send in photos? :~/

Reply to
jo4hn

I wish I had had it when I was planning my shop.

I've already emailed my thanks, but will repeat them here. That's my shop on the title page, p. 11, p. 77, p. 99, and pp. 174-176. Brag? Not me. Never.

Nice shop, Mark. That's quite a wood stash!

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f32g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:

I didn't think you wanted it, so I didn't offer. In fact I didn't want to get embarrassed by your refusal to use it or the awful looks on peoples faces if they saw you did use it. Sometime it will look presentable. Untile then I just bask in the gratefulness of people whom I make stuff for, no matter how it turns out.

Reply to
Han

snipped-for-privacy@f32g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:

Most every shop has something to show the rest of us. My old junior high school buddy with the garage/shop and shop cats forgot I was going to use his photos in a book: he would have cleaned it if he'd remembered and shot some of the cleaned up workplace, but, in fact, I think Pete's shop shows more worthwhile dual use than does another cleaned up shop with a Honda 2000 sitting out in the upstate NY weather. As he recently told me, he uses the shop to maintain equipment for his business, trees for landscaping. Some of that gear is very large. He also still does all his own vehicle work. I wish I had half his energy.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Have always enjoyed Charlie's contributions here and this book looks like a winner as well. May I make a suggestion? I know whenever I'm thinking about purchasing a book (or other items) I will often go to Amazon to check the user reviews. There is nothing like feedback from people who actually have experience with a product. So, if some of you who have actually been fortunate enough to get your hands on a copy, why not take a few minutes to leave some feedback about it on Amazon.

Best of Luck, Charlie!

Lenny

Reply to
lenhow