Changing blades on my Craftsman 10-inch miter saw

Misplaced the manual and cannot figure this one out. Anybody got advice on changing the blade here?

Reply to
forcex2

Hi,

You didn't specify the model number. You didn't specify the problem you are having. So, all I know is to ask you if you have tried these things.

Is there handguard linkage across the cover that protects you from contacting the nut on the blade? I have to remove one end a piece of my linkage on my PC miter saw.

Are you turning the nut tighter, thinking you are loosening? Reverse threads are a surprise that will make you cuss.

Will the blade not come out of the blade housing when you get it off of the shaft? You may have to take the housing off to remove the blade.

If all else fails, maybe Sears has a manual on-line.(or I may be dreaming.)

Tom in KY, They got it on somehow.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Oh! One more thing,

If you can't turn the wrench without the blade turning, put a piece of

2x4 on the saw and gently jam the blade into the wood and turn the wrench while applying pressure against the 2x4 with the blade.

Tom in KY, Get that blade changed and get back to work!!!!!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. X 2

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Reverse threads.

Dave

Reply to
David

Put a wrench on the nut and unscrew it.

Unscrew in the same direction that the blade spins when turned on.

Reply to
Leon