Changing a Walker Turner saw from 220 to 120

Thanks everyone, for all the great info. I've decided to go to an electrician. I got the name of one with 'glowing' references. Fooling around with 220 has pushed me beyond my comfort level. My 'current' system is not really upgradable. The saw will make a nice dead flat surface till I can get it fired up again. Maybe that old delta benchtop isn't so bad..

b b

sibosop

Nova wrote: ...

6 #10 (or 10 #12) "T" conductors are (max) ok for 1/2" conduit per Table. That's individual conductors not sheathed cable, of course.
Reply to
dpb

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:21:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous sibosop scrawled the following:

Ooh, ooh, a Sparky joke!

I, for one, would much rather work with 240v. It'll kick you off it sooner than 120v will. The tingle is more of a sizzle, so that's nicer, too. It'll wake your sleepy arse up in a hurry.

G'luck with Sparky.

Can you say "CHA CHINNNNNNNG!"? I knew you could.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns our. Just hope that his rates aren't "glowing" too. :)

Reply to
upscale

240V, at least in the US, is simply two 120V lines from the opposite sides of the transformer. It would be difficult to get across the 240V accidentally.
Reply to
keithw86