Chalk point??

Ok so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. What is chalk point when referred to glues?? Thanks

Reply to
Lee

Sat, Jun 9, 2007, 2:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@tds.net (Lee) stumbles in and mumbles: Ok so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. What is chalk point when referred to glues??

Well, I'm not one to argue. I take it then you've never heard of google, eh? Chalk point is the temperature where chalk turns into glue.

If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

JT wrote I take it then you've never heard of google, eh?

Chalk point is the temperature where chalk turns into glue.

I understand the temp. at which glue needs to be at in order to set. Sooo where does the "chalk point" figure in?

Reply to
Lee

It's a descriptive term -- tends to turn to a powder, hence "chalky", instead of drying at cold temperatures.

--

Reply to
dpb

THANK YOU VERY MUCH--

Reply to
Lee

To which he replied: THANK YOU VERY MUCH--

And you couldn't get that from the first hit on the google link I provided??? Sheesh.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Good going JT, you really made him look stupid!!!! Bet he'll think twice before asking a question or for help here again.

Reply to
John

Sun, Jun 10, 2007, 1:42pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (John) doth sayeth: Good going JT, you really made him look stupid!!!! Bet he'll think twice before asking a question or for help here again.

No, I didn't make him look stupid. I made him look bone idle - my thought is he didn't even look at the google link. He's welcome to ask questions any time - as long as he doesn't expect to have his answers handed to him on a platter.

However, if you still think I was harsh on the poor guy, check out some ot the other newsgroups. Oh yeah, be very sure to post questions too.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

It's the place they put the blocks to keep an airplane from rolling around on the ground. Oh, wait, that's the "chock point" .... nevermind.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Well actually now the first hit on google is his question and you telling him to google it ;) He'd have to go all the way to the second link now.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Minimum temperature at which you should use that glue. For either you, the glue, the timber, or the environment it's going to cure in.

Now if there are any polymer chemists in the house, is "chalk point" the same thing / related to the "glass transition temperature" for a polymer?

Reply to
Andy Dingley