Chalk point??

Ok so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. What is chalk point when referred to glues?? Thanks
Sat, Jun 9, 2007, 2:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@tds.net (Lee) stumbles in and mumbles: Ok so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. What is chalk point when referred to glues??
Well, I'm not one to argue. I take it then you've never heard of google, eh? Chalk point is the temperature where chalk turns into glue. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=CHALK+POINT+GLUE
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
JT wrote I take it then you've never heard of google, eh?

Chalk point is the temperature where chalk turns into glue.

where does the "chalk point" figure in?
Lee wrote:

It's a descriptive term -- tends to turn to a powder, hence "chalky", instead of drying at cold temperatures.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH--
Sat, Jun 9, 2007, 6:14pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@tds.net (Lee) did posteth:
It's a descriptive term -- tends to turn to a powder, hence "chalky", instead of drying at cold temperatures.
To which he replied: THANK YOU VERY MUCH--
And you couldn't get that from the first hit on the google link I provided??? Sheesh.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Good going JT, you really made him look stupid!!!! Bet he'll think twice before asking a question or for help here again.
Sun, Jun 10, 2007, 1:42pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (John) doth sayeth: Good going JT, you really made him look stupid!!!! Bet he'll think twice before asking a question or for help here again.
No, I didn't make him look stupid. I made him look bone idle - my thought is he didn't even look at the google link. He's welcome to ask questions any time - as long as he doesn't expect to have his answers handed to him on a platter.
However, if you still think I was harsh on the poor guy, check out some ot the other newsgroups. Oh yeah, be very sure to post questions too.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 16:01:00 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Well actually now the first hit on google is his question and you telling him to google it ;) He'd have to go all the way to the second link now.
-Leuf
Lee wrote:

It's the place they put the blocks to keep an airplane from rolling around on the ground. Oh, wait, that's the "chock point" .... nevermind.

Minimum temperature at which you should use that glue. For either you, the glue, the timber, or the environment it's going to cure in.
Now if there are any polymer chemists in the house, is "chalk point" the same thing / related to the "glass transition temperature" for a polymer?