Chair Tips

Has anybody found a good way to keep from scratching floors with the legs of a chair? I have Bruce finished oak floor in my kitchen. Over the years I've tried tack bumpers recessed bumpers, carpet faced chair bottoms etc. etc. Thanks, Dave
I think the best answer would be not to drag your chairs. But my mother has been using little knitted or crotcheted feet on her chair legs for as long as I can remember (a rather long time :) ) with great success.

Doug Brown wrote:

Just had to laugh thinking about the nice (and patient) Mumma who knitted or crocheted little feet for chairs. The best floor protecters I remember were baby socks from Salvation Army held on with elastic bands and washed often.
Josie
Dave Best wrote:

Friends are using felt circles with self stick backs. I think these kinds of things need to be changed often or else the sand and dirt stuck in the felt scratch the floor, too.
Josie
Felt stickers fall off quickly. You need plastic or rubber parts that connect with a small nail. The best, yet expensive ones, are teflon rings, also nail connected. Good luck.... Max