chair leg pads for hardwood floors

Ok, I've tried felt pads (rub off) and teflon glides (scratch the floor). What's the best thing to use for heavy-use red oak chairs on a red oak hardwood floor?
You might consider the type of felt pad that comes in a plastic housing with a nail that attaches it to the chair leg. Wouldn't know what you call them but the Blue Borg carries them. Cheers, cc

We've found those to be very useful, presuming we're talking about the same widget. Touted as slides for heavy furniture. Ours are used on tile floor, not wood.
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:15:21 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

We havc learned to live with stick back felt pads for our oak chairs. The secret is to replace them every six months before they fall off.

We've used the sticky-back felt pads for years with no problems. We got them at our local Ace hardware and have placed them under chairs, tables and heavy cabinets.
Bob

We too have used the sticky pads. I bought pads that were larger than the chair feet at Lowe's and trimmed them to pretty much cover the end of the leg. So far they have been on 2 to 3 years.