Chair design inspiration

Does anyone recall seeing any pictures on the web of a set of extremely tall-backed, narrow and rather stark, dining chairs, maybe 60-70", either by Frank Lloyd Wright or Charles Limbert (or perhaps some other Arts & Crafts furniture maker)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hinshaw

Probably Charles Rennie Mackintosh - the "giraffe backed" chairs.

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Andy

Probably, I thought you didn't know any sources and then you come up with this web site. Is that your way of bringing it to our attention ??? mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

I think the FLW high back is clumsy compared to the Mackintosh. But FLW did design some superb chairs. See both here:

Steve Almond

or rather:

Reply to
Steve Almond

Ah yes if I recall correctly Charles Limbert was also the first to fly across the Atlantic....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Too subtle for me, Mike.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Almond

Thanks to everyone for the pointers. Despite Googling, I had not been able to turn up the Wright chairs ;-).

The austere tall straight ones were what I had in mind, but I am much impressed at the achievement of the lumbar curve by bending the central back slats rather than cutting the curve into the frame:

that's a design!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hinshaw

Ummmm, I think you might be a bit confused here... I never posted the original thread...

Reply to
Andy

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:33:31 GMT, "Mike Hide" brought forth from the murky depths:

I thought he was a stinky German cheesemaker. (Or was that a German maker of stinky cheese?)

- They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius ---

Comprehensive Website Programming Services

Reply to
Larry Jaques