Chair design inspiration

Does anyone recall seeing any pictures on the web of a set of extremely tall-backed, narrow and rather stark, dining chairs, maybe 60-70", either by Frank Lloyd Wright or Charles Limbert (or perhaps some other Arts & Crafts furniture maker)?
Bill
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:10:23 GMT, "Bill Hinshaw"

Probably Charles Rennie Mackintosh - the "giraffe backed" chairs.
-- Smert' spamionam
If it is the same ones I have always loved of FLW since I was a kid, it's these ones: http://www.prairiespirit.com/dining.htm
Andrew

by
Probably, I thought you didn't know any sources and then you come up with this web site. Is that your way of bringing it to our attention ??? mjh

either
Crafts
Ummmm, I think you might be a bit confused here... I never posted the original thread...

extremely
I think the FLW high back is clumsy compared to the Mackintosh. But FLW did design some superb chairs. See both here:
http://architecture.about.com/library/blpoll-chairs.htm
Steve

either
Crafts
or rather:
http://architecture.about.com/library/weekly/aa062600a.htm
Steve

extremely
Ah yes if I recall correctly Charles Limbert was also the first to fly across the Atlantic....mjh
--

"Steve Almond" < snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:btpnoc$9eltt$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-173606.news.uni-berlin.de...
Too subtle for me, Mike.
Steve

&
Thanks to everyone for the pointers. Despite Googling, I had not been able to turn up the Wright chairs ;-).
The austere tall straight ones were what I had in mind, but I am much impressed at the achievement of the lumbar curve by bending the central back slats rather than cutting the curve into the frame:
http://www.prairiespirit.com/images/elliottchrs.jpg
Now, that's a design!
Bill
brought forth from the murky depths:

I thought he was a stinky German cheesemaker. (Or was that a German maker of stinky cheese?)
- They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming Services