CFL's for Re: New Shop

First I'd like to thank ya'll for all the comments on laying out my new shop a few weeks ago. Very helpful. Altho I had thought of many of the items mentioned, it did help confirm, in my mind, HA! I was on the right track. The island idea from FFW looks good.

Looked at 48" fluorescent fixtures, they get expensive in a hurry. The $15 borg fixtures don't last long.

Anyone use CFL's in their shop?

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Poor economics for an initial design.

SFWIW, A 4 lamp, F32T8, shop fixture (8 ft lg fixture) is about $60-$70 for small quantities /w/ lamps.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett