Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone of some other brand name lathe?
Woodcraft has the Jet Mini for $199.00 A MUCH better choice... plus you can get a wider variety of accessories for it.

This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0051FD1586256E4D_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion. --=_alternative 0051FD1586256E4D_Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
Using smaller fonts in HTML saves electrons and helps the environment.
It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion.
snipped-for-privacy@smithgroup.com (Sammy) wrote in message

Amazon's got the new Jet Mini with Variable Speed for $275 with free shipping. It's listed at $299 but they'll take $25 off that when you place your order.
With Free Shipping, it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive. I ordered mine on a Thursday evening and it arrived Monday morning.
Cheers, cc