Centipede Sawhorse!

Or, maybe get some beer and challenge your friends to see how many can stand on it...

Reply to
Bill

Can you produce 1500lbs of force with a hammer?

They show several videos of guys loading 2500lbs pallets of sand and other materials on it with no problems.

Yes, these claims are marketing pitch and that doesn't bother me a bit, because they are true claims and I'm not some moron who thinks they are actually recommending this product to be used for storing pallets of concrete blocks.

They are illustrations that are very good at showing how strong these things are. But there are still people like you who haven't put your hands on one, who have some sort of negative agenda who will take any opportunity to try to discredit it.

Do us all a favor and discover punctuation.

Reply to
-MIKE-

sounds like you have a horse in the race and not just the one you bought

they just seem like over kill to me with so many pieces it just means more things to break and replace

in what ways do simple folding steel horses do not work for you

how are these better

Reply to
Electric Comet

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Nice legs!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

False. I just don't like when people throw out negative assumptions about product when they've never touch it. And even worse, when having been told their assumption are false by someone who's actually used the product, they fail to back off.

False logic. Once again with the ignorant assumption that they are prone to breaking just because there are more of them. There are more studs in a longer wall, so what? If you had actually put your hands on one and inspected it, i wouldn't have an issue because yours would then be an informed opinion based on a modicum of experience instead of total conjecture.

Well, I already answered that question from you, to you, in this thread. But I'll repeat: folding steel horses take longer to set-up/tear down, and require two hands to carry, have eight points of contact with the ground instead of only six, they are awkward to carry and load in my van, take up more room in the van, slide around more and make more noise when doing so, and a few more things that don't need expressed, because....

You imply that these in some way *need* to be better than folding steel horses in order to be valid or have value as a tool. More false logic. Better is certainly a subjective quality, one that comes from personal preference most often gained by actually *using* something, which you have not.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Raeille, U thank e's got whorses?

oer kil? 1st u say flimsy now or'k?

2ne tim axked and anwered. bulkie and unlite wait.
2ne tim axked and anwered
Reply to
Leon

Ruggedly handsome. I know. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Nope, the oldest is always the faveret. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

would you stop with the punctuation already

Reply to
krw

no logic involved it is very simple math more pieces means more chance for something to break

no false logic i just like simpler tools because in the long run they break less and are more reliable wait until one of those cross pieces bends

now it will not fold and unfold as smoothly and i do not know what will happen to weight distribution either because the design relies on a specific shape to hold the engineered weight one bent cross piece could ruin the whole day

Reply to
Electric Comet

I've grown tired of your nonsense and your continued disregard for basic written communication skills.

Reply to
-MIKE-

My Dad had a set of those 60 years ago. I don't know who made them but they were light, easy to set up and took up almost no room, perhaps less room than the centipede. The legs quickly fold up into the head and you could toss them in the back of a truck.

This centipede looks like it will hold plenty of weight, but doesn't look like it would take much lateral force w/o wobbling? Looking at a few videos, I hadn't noticed any of them grabbing an edge and giving it a good shake. That I would have to see, or do before buying.

Also, it looks like a 4x8 just barely fits along the edges, so any movement and it would be off the edge. The 2x4 without center legs, this would be a particularly bad situation.

As far as easy set up and tear down, if it must go in a bag, that would be a pia if you ask me. I'd rather have some sort of belt to hold it together so it doesn't spread out when you toss it in the truck.

Myself, I made my own fold up horses that are a little heavy, and bigger than than the steel fold ups, but the cross piece is just a 2x4, or 2x6 that you can cut through and replace, which is nice. I hang them on the side of my shed with a french cleat.

These get very little use, and always at home, so size and weight is a non-issue for me. More important to me is I made them. I like using stuff I make. If a were toting them around every day making a living, I think I would get the Minards folding metal ones, but would take a look at the centipede.

Reply to
Jack

Those legs look a little unstable to me. I would want to grab hold of the edge and shake it to see if it wobbles before I'd buy one.

We have a set of really, really old fold up metal horses, similar to the Menard's fold ups, and they are really light, and compact, super portable, strong and take about 4 seconds to set up and take down. I say this is a non-issue. The Menard's look like they have carry handles under the head, which is even better. The Centipede contraption looks like it must go in the bag to carry around. That sucks. I'd prefer a belt around it to keep it from spreading all over the place when carrying it around, or tossing in the truck.

Anyway, I tend to lean towards what the Comet had to say about it.

Reply to
Jack

Fully open, it's very stable. I doubt anyone from HD or Lowes would object to opening one up and give it an in-store test. Have someone open it in the ply department and toss a sheet on top. .... no more inconvenient than having all those lumber carts in the aisles.

It comes with a carry bag.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny