Centipede Sawhorse!

Page 3 of 3
On 11/15/2015 7:24 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Can't wait to hear the results of your testing.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

looks too busy and also looks flimsy all those cross braces would get in my way
and how durable is the material will it handle getting banged around
seems gimmicky too
what is wrong with fold up steel horses
On 11/16/2015 3:40 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

I wonder how they would get in your way.

Almost the same principal as a supports for tents. Those hold up bery well.

Weight and size. Remember this is for portability to take to a job site. Or anywhere you need a quick set up.
Leon wrote:

it? : )
On 11/16/15 6:20 PM, Bill wrote:

Yes.
Lots of baseless assumption flying around in here. Par for the course, though. :-D
--

-MIKE-

On 11/16/2015 6:20 PM, Bill wrote:

even on the floor.
On 11/16/2015 6:46 PM, Leon wrote:

And, even closed ones on the floor board of your truck.
First day on a job a few years back, a gallon fell out of my truck as we were carrying them in, and I spent the next hour chasing the yellow river down the driveway and street gutter while trying to erase the evidence leading directly back to the client's house ... oops.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 11/16/2015 6:56 PM, Swingman wrote:

;~) Now did you really say, oops? LOL
On 11/16/2015 6:10 PM, Leon wrote:

I just can't see any validity to the "Comets" concerns.
I need more saw horses like Custer needed more pissed off Native Americans but the portability and compactness of these has me considering a trip to the HD to pick one up. I no longer want to get down on my knees to break down a 4'x8' piece of ply. With the structure of these and ability to use some clamps, this size should make tackling a sheet of goods at normal work level a piece of cake.
EC? when you think about flimsy, consider engineered trusses. Same general principal.
On 11/16/2015 6:10 PM, Leon wrote:

I just can't see any validity to the "Comet's" concerns.
I need more saw horses like Custer needed more pissed off Native Americans but the portability and compactness of these has me considering a trip to the HD to pick one up. I no longer want to get down on my knees to break down a 4'x8' piece of ply. With the structure of these and ability to use some clamps, this size should make tackling a sheet of goods at normal work level a piece of cake.
EC? when you think about flimsy, consider engineered trusses. Same general principal.
On 11/16/2015 7:10 PM, Leon wrote:

Those legs look a little unstable to me. I would want to grab hold of the edge and shake it to see if it wobbles before I'd buy one.

We have a set of really, really old fold up metal horses, similar to the Menard's fold ups, and they are really light, and compact, super portable, strong and take about 4 seconds to set up and take down. I say this is a non-issue. The Menard's look like they have carry handles under the head, which is even better. The Centipede contraption looks like it must go in the bag to carry around. That sucks. I'd prefer a belt around it to keep it from spreading all over the place when carrying it around, or tossing in the truck.
Anyway, I tend to lean towards what the Comet had to say about it.
--
Jack
On 11/16/15 3:40 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

They aren't flimsy at all. Not any more that metal guy-wires that hold up steel girders. The legs are much stronger/stiffer than they look.

I don't spend a lot of time working *under* my sawhorses.

We'll find out. As i stated above, the materials are stronger than they first appear.

So did air nailers when they first came out.

Nothing, except they take longer to set-up/tear down, and require two hands to carry.
Oh, and what is wrong with punctuation? Seriously, is there a reason you refuse to use basic punctuation? It makes reading your posts difficult. If you have some sort of disability that prevents it, I totally understand. But if you're just too lazy, typing from a phone or something, then please.
--

-MIKE-

You sure are a downer. You've never used the product, you've never even _seen_ the product in real life, yet you hold forth with disdain.
On 11/17/2015 7:48 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

But, Scott, he posted that almost TWO WHOLE DAYS AGO.
That he was able to come up with that critique is testament to his brilliance.
By now he knows more about it than the inventor or any of the users - especially those who've posted reviews after actually having used the sawhorse.
We're still waiting for photos of his latest project so we can settle our bets: Did he use 10P or 16P nails and did he clinch them or were they just toe nailed?
LOL