CD Rack Question

MPEG (Motion Picture Experts Group) is a family of standards used for coding video and audio in a digital compressed format.

.MP3 is one such MPEG audio standard. .MP2 is the other.

- Matt

Reply to
Matt Stachoni

.Thank you

Reply to
Leon

Try these guys for a solution:

They had a device that allowed me to connect MP3 and XM devices to my

2005 Toyota factory stereo for about $80. MUCH, MUCH better quality sound than FM modulators.

To use the device, I simply select disc 1, track 1, on the changer, with no disc in the slot.

Installation required no splicing and only about 30 minutes. The device plugged into the "data bus" on the back of the head unit.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

JPGs are lossy too, but there are beautiful images out there in JPG format. I would bet that 99% of the people out there can't tell the difference between a CD and a 192kbps MP3 even on a decent audio system. The quality vs size is even better when encoding with a VBR (variable bit rate).

The beauty of the MP3 server is that you have access to all of your music wherever you want. Each audio destination can play any song independant of every other location.

Reply to
Larry Bud