CD Rack Question

Page 2 of 2

I could be way off base but I think they are talking MP3 not MPEG
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:54:26 GMT, "Leon"

MPEG (Motion Picture Experts Group) is a family of standards used for coding video and audio in a digital compressed format.
.MP3 is one such MPEG audio standard. .MP2 is the other.
- Matt

.Thank you

JPGs are lossy too, but there are beautiful images out there in JPG format. I would bet that 99% of the people out there can't tell the difference between a CD and a 192kbps MP3 even on a decent audio system. The quality vs size is even better when encoding with a VBR (variable bit rate).

The beauty of the MP3 server is that you have access to all of your music wherever you want. Each audio destination can play any song independant of every other location.