CD Holder Strips

I've searched google and what not and it seems the only one that I could pull up was from Rockler (not cheap either) ...what I"m looking for are these cd holder strips...I"m gonna make the cabinet but need these things...anyone have some other source for these..here's a link on what I'm looking for...thanks in advance for the replys
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id#33&cookietest=1
Tina
Did a similar search a few months ago and came up mostly dry, I think woodworkers supply had some that were variable spacing. You could put the plastic spacers where you wanted them. I believe they were cheaper in the long haul.
Alan
Like these:
http://www.wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Entertainment%20Hardware/CatID/Media%20Storage
or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&cat=3,43597&pC598
Tina wrote:

Tina wrote:

Just got some from lee valley
http://www.leevalley.com/home/Search.aspx?c=2&action=n
I went to the search and typed CD Holder -- they have a few options.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

I'm
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id#33&cookietest=1
Tina wrote:

And let us know how it works out...
Have fun!
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

I built a tall CD/DVD cabinet a few years ago. It held 550 CD's and somewhere around 75 DVD's. I'll see if I can post a picture to A.B.P.W.
Basically it was a shallow cabinet (the depth of a shelf was about 3/4" less than the depth of a CD), 7'10" tall with shelves dado'ed into the sides every cd height + .5" or so. The bottom two shelves were sized for video cassettes, but DVD's fit just fine. The width of each shelf was enough to store 50 single jewel boxes side by side.
11 shelves for CD's yields 550 capacity. Damn thing is full, I regret putting the DVD shelves in, could have had another 150 disk capacity.
Because the CD hangs out in front of the shelf by about 3/4 inch, it is easy to grasp and remove a single CD. Plus, they're stored vertically (the preferred orientation). Height challenged individuals do need a step stool to reach the top shelves. Holder strips aren't necessary and just take up valuable shelf space.
Sides and shelves were 3/4" oak plywood with oak face strips and the back was 1/4" oak plywood. Finish was a tung/spar/turps wiping blend topped with paste-wax.
In earthquake county it must be fastened to the wall, on carpet too, due to its shallow base.
scott
Snip

This was my thought. I built one out of popular ply sounds very much like scott's. You will only get about half the capacity if you use the CD racks. mark

racks.
Agreed, but if the racks are visible most of the time, they can contribute in a large way to the visual appeal of the entire unit. If that's not a concern, then why is the unit being built in the first place when some stacked plastic milk crates can accomplish the same thing? Don't know about anyone else, but I'm conceited enough to admit that I like to get compliments on what I build.
I tried 3 different types from WW Hardware and I like the product number T4196 the best.

I'm
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id#33&cookietest=1
Try Outwater Plastics:
http://www.outwater.com/catalog04/outwater/opi266.htm