CATHOUSE

No, it is not a house of ill repute. It is a house for a cat, although I cannot understand why anyne would be so demented as to think a cat needs a house.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

I remember a discussion of a shelter for a feral cat in a cold climate not too long ago. This looks like it would be another alternative.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Mine sleeps at the foot of the bed and keeps my feet warm. Sometimes. He is an orange tabby. His name is Bill D. Cat after the Berkely Brethed (sp?) character. The D is for damnit. love him anyway, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Speaking of cats.... I have to take mine to an ophthalmologist tomorrow. Gonna cost me $160 just for an initial consultation. I guess he's worth it though. I never thought I would be a cat person until this guy just moved in with us.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Olebiker

LOL ... know the feeling. We're "staff" to a brown mackerel tabby that was given to our youngest daughter before she went off to college, and _I_ was the one who OK'd the deal.

SWMBO to me after daughter escapes the nest: "Since you said "yes", this is now _your_ cat, YOU take care of it!".

And guess who goes out on cold night at 3 AM when the creature fails to come home, waking the neighbors up with that distinctive, feminine, high pitched "Kitty, kitty kitty!" and ringing its dinner bell?

... and guess who comes running to "Mama".

It ain't me, babe. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

If you have a cat, the cat has your house. That's the way it is and will always be. I'm currently on the staff of two of them. They take good care of me and in return I get to feed them, groom them, clean up after them and be ignored by them.

Wouldn't change it for the world.

:)

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

But some cats don't want that lifestyle. I rember one very cold day this cat came through the cat door. All winter he slept in front of the cat door, never moving more than a foot away from it, and if I came within six feet of him out he went. First warm day he didn't come back, until about three years later then it was the same routine, and haven't seen him since that second winter.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Another approach to cat shelter:

Tim Daneliuk

Wed, Feb 28, 2007, 8:04am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: I remember a discussion of a shelter for a feral cat in a cold climate not too long ago. This looks like it would be another alternative.

I like cats and dogs. But I'm not a fan of feral versions of either. Feral dogs are too dangerous to mess with and the best rememdy for them would be a well placed rifle shot or a shotgun. A feral cat is not so dangerous, but is Hell on song and game birds, for them a well placed pellet from a powerfun air rifle will do, or a humane trap if you want to try to retame it..

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Wed, Feb 28, 2007, 12:20pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth sayeth: It ain't me, babe. ;)

Maybe if she said "Pooky, Pooky, Pooky", and rang the dinner bell you would.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

I already did that, and look what happened ...

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Vic Baron

My cats have a house. They do, by the way, allow us to live here too.

Reply to
CW

I visited a cathouse, once. It was much nicer than this. Expensive trip, though

Reply to
bynot