Casters

I have a Sears 10" RAS, early 1970's vintage with the designed for box stand and thread adjustable rubber pad feet. I would like to install casters with pads so I can "easily" wheel it around (good sized hefty rubber). By caster pads I mean wheels that swing up and out of the way setting down a stable rubber pad for sawing operation. I don't think the locking wheels are stable enough and resultantly safe enough. I would appreciate a point to a vendor that would have a good selection of these or other workable casters to install on my RAS stand. Thanks and Regards, Richard
Richard Cook wrote:

Have you considered one of the Delta universal mobile bases? For about $50 + the cost of some oak or maple, you have one hell of a sturdy stand and can move the heaviest tool around with confidence. And when they're down, they're not going anywhere. I've got one under most of my stationary tools... except my table saw and RAS... since they already came with a way to roll them around.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
On 21 Jun 2004 17:40:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rm.incc.net (Richard Cook) wrote:

Funny you should mention that. I just got my 1972 Sears 10" RAS on a 5 drawer cabinet out of storage and am looking to mobilize it. I have pretty much decided on the Delta customizable base that M. Snerd mentions (I have a couple of others in the shop already) but I also recall that Woodcraft sells bolt on wheels that are similar to the ones HTC uses on their mobile bases. Search on their site and see what you find.
But also consider the Delta. I have a local surplus yard that has loads of 1" square aluminum tubing that I'm going to try using for the rails.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Richard Cook wrote:

Try Sears at: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid924934000