Cascophen shelf life

Hi,

I am currently making garden furniture using Iroko. I have just liberated a pack of Humbrol Cascophen from the depths of the workshop which must be 10 years old. I have mixed a bit up for a test glue but am a little concerned that it did not appear quite as strong as I remember. The temperature in the shop was only about 6 deg. C. Anyone know what sort of shelf life this stuff has?

TIA John.

Reply to
john maundrell

It's toast. It might have kept for 10 years in an unopened tin (would still be suspect), but there's a hardener mixed in there and once any moisture gets to it then it starts to go off.

-- Do whales have krillfiles ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley