Carring wood in a GMC Van

I have a 1994 GMC van. I use it to haul wood for various projects. (connection to woodworking).

The last time that I purchased several 8' 1X4 I placed them in the van on the folded down rear seats. When I stopped it came foreward and busted the center console where the gove compartment and ligher are.

Can any one suggest a source for finding a replacement for that large piece of plastic?

Reply to
keith_nuttle

No junk yards in your area>

Tony

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Or no GMC dealers either? Junk yards would be the first choice though. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Ummmm...make one out of wood?

Reply to
NOTME

Chevy/GMC dealer. Junkyard. eBay.

Sheesh.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yeah, junkyards are about 5% cheaper.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
John DeBoo

Fri, Sep 15, 2006, 1:18am (EDT-3) zeddrei AT hotmail DOT com (NOTME) pondereth: Ummmm...make one out of wood?

Duct tape? Duct tape AND wood? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T

When I carry stuff like that I generally slide it all the way forward when I load it. That way it cannot ram the dash or windshield if I hit the brakes--unless I burn rubber first.

Reply to
fredfighter

Fri, Sep 15, 2006, 2:05pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (CW) doth proclaimeth: Yeah, junkyards are about 5% cheaper.

Around here they're loads cheaper than a measly 5%.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T

I once broke the windshield of my old 1982 Suburban with a 17 foot canoe....from the INSIDE. I carry plenty of rope, bungies and heavy wire in the truck all the time now, and canoes always ride on the outside on the pole rack.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy