Carring wood in a GMC Van

I have a 1994 GMC van. I use it to haul wood for various projects. (connection to woodworking).
The last time that I purchased several 8' 1X4 I placed them in the van on the folded down rear seats. When I stopped it came foreward and busted the center console where the gove compartment and ligher are.
Can any one suggest a source for finding a replacement for that large piece of plastic?

No junk yards in your area> Tony

Or no GMC dealers either? Junk yards would be the first choice though. Jim

Yeah, junkyards are about 5% cheaper.
Fri, Sep 15, 2006, 2:05pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (CW) doth proclaimeth: Yeah, junkyards are about 5% cheaper.
Around here they're loads cheaper than a measly 5%.
JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Ummmm...make one out of wood?
Fri, Sep 15, 2006, 1:18am (EDT-3) zeddrei AT hotmail DOT com (NOTME) pondereth: Ummmm...make one out of wood?
Duct tape? Duct tape AND wood? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Chevy/GMC dealer. Junkyard. eBay.
Sheesh.
--
Regards,
How about tying them together tightly in a bundle, them placing one end upon the pass side mirror, then the other end tied to the rear door through the window or to a door hinge, or a pipe stand set into your rear bumper? You could also put them in the van and let them front ends hang out our open pass window. I can do this in my Suburban and have done it in a van before too. They are only 8' long so little will portrude out the window. Then tie the bundle to the mirror! John
keith_nuttle wrote:

John DeBoo wrote:

When I carry stuff like that I generally slide it all the way forward when I load it. That way it cannot ram the dash or windshield if I hit the brakes--unless I burn rubber first.
--

FF

On 15 Sep 2006 14:40:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

I once broke the windshield of my old 1982 Suburban with a 17 foot canoe....from the INSIDE. I carry plenty of rope, bungies and heavy wire in the truck all the time now, and canoes always ride on the outside on the pole rack.
Regards, Roy