Carpentry Math for Second-Level Apprentices

I'm teaching carpentry math for second-level apprentices somewhere in Western Canada (I hope that's specific enough). I give really tough math tests that make my students think. Which is fine for term tests but not what they need for their final exam. Is there anyone out there who would like to make a deal with me to compose ordinary, four-choice multiple choice carpentry math questions suitable for second level? I'll pay $20.00 cash for anyone who sends me 10 decent sample questions, and make a deal if possible for a whole package. Hope to get some help on this,

Marty snipped-for-privacy@onforeignsoil.com

Reply to
Jewish Cowboy

Marty,

Can you give an example of the type of math a second-level apprentice would see?

What age group is second-level?

Reply to
Rob V

Try this

They have carpentry test for most construction sections. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Thanks Lou. I'll check that one out. But I don't really need a good test for HIRING carpenters. I need a very standard run-of-the mill math test for a specific level in the Carpentry Apprenticeship program. I guess it's a bit of an oddball request.

Marty

Lou wrote:

Reply to
Jewish Cowboy

Canada? That's metric right? Here's one...

Q: Why did they round-down plywood thickness to metric sizes, but didn't bother to change the 4x8 dimensions to metric?

(a) To rip people off because they didn't think we'd notice the thickness change (but would have noticed that the thing couln't span the distance anymore)

(b) To sell a whole new sets of router bits with weird sizes because we stopped buying that "bronze router bits can be sharpened to a finer edge" line and carbide bits last too long (c) To sell another edition of standards/building manuals with updated tables, and explanations of how it's still just as structurally sound.

(d) All of the above.

Jewish Cowboy wrote:

Reply to
root