carafolio, or something like that?

I saw an interesting wood today at the lumber yard. I have a really lousy memory, but figured I could pick it out of a list of exotic woods, but there is nothing similar. It was something like carafolio. Any clue?

Reply to
toller

Perhaps "Cocobolo." A description of the wood would help identify it.

Reply to
Jfox442

No, it was "CaraXXXXX". It was medium brown with dark brown veining throughout. Very pretty, at least when raw. It was rather pricey, and I would like to know more about it before buying it.

I guess it is back to the lumberyard...

Reply to
toller
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Like I said Cassiafistula mind you it probably goes by a few other similar names in different countries???

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN