Capacitor-Run or Cap-Start motor for a Jointer?

Hi folks,
I've just bought an old 3 phase 9" Jointer and need to obtain a suitable 240 Volt (UK) single phase motor.
Which type of induction motor would normally be fitted to a 9" Jointer, Capacitor start, Capacitor run, or Cap start and run? Also what output HP would you recommend?
Capacitor run motors seem to be readily available and the cheapest, but would they have enough starting torque to spin up a 4" diameter cutter block (only twin bladed unfortunately).
I'm currently thinking about ordering a 2HP output Cap-start one from www.NorthernToolUK.com
http://www.northerntooluk.com/product/default.asp?action=&k=&i=&s=&page=&x=0&h=5&g=4&id ‘2&catId&subCatId…&x=0&h=5&g=4
I tried to order a cap-start and run from Axminster, but oddly they only do one that runs in the wrong (clockwise).
Thanks,
Mel
Add pictures here
βœ–
Jointer is not a high-torque startup. Induction run ought to do the job. 1.5/2HP would be my choice.
Please tell me that it's not a square head on that beast.

Add pictures here
βœ–

I will go for a 2 HP motor then, just in case the manufacturer's quoted output figures are on the optimistic side.

No this beast's head is circular, I'd imagine a square head would be rather too prone to causing kick-back.
Thanks,
Mel
Add pictures here
βœ–
Good deal. Square ones pull things into the necessarily large gap. I'm a medic with one experience of an ancient square-head jointer (12in, BTW) and a man with half a palm left ....

Add pictures here
βœ–
No more so that a round head.
> I'd imagine a square head would be

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:21:21 +0100, "Mel"

Try Machine Mart. Much better quality motors than Northern Tools, and you don't have to deal with Northern Tools' idiot packing staff and downright rude telephone staff.
Get on MM's mailing list, wait until the next Bank Holiday special and "members only day" and you can save 17.5% too.
--
Smert' spamionam

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks for members day tip, I've just registered for their new cat. Don't think I can wait for the next discount to get a motor though.
Add pictures here
βœ–