Canwood Lathe

A question to the Canadians here: has anyone tried this lathe? http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid 265
Or perhaps someone could recommend another product.
When I buy tools I only want to feel the burn once>
I want to turn some bowls - I am an absolute newbie at turning.
Thanks for your help.
Micheal
Have never seen that one before, but it looks like a nice one. I built my own...you can see it here... http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/page5.html Maybe someday I'll buy the manufactured kind. Joe
--
A decent carpenter as long as I can take my time and the result doesn't have
to look pretty.