Cane production

I have been making canes from little trees that I go into the surrounding woods and dig up. But, I seem to be lacking a large variety of trees in the area I reside in. Is there somebody that lives in WV,OH,PA or MD that can point me in the direction of public lands in which I can seek out the trees I am looking for, (no particular type), So I can dig them up to carry on with my cane work? I would appreciate anything anybody can tell me. I live in Brownsville,PA so my general traveling area is within 50 miles in a radius of my home. Thanks a heap!!!

There's going to be some difficulty telling you where to find the trees you're looking for--"no particular type."
How large? Hard or soft wood? Any particular features you need? "Little" is not much of a description.
Sat, Dec 10, 2005, 12:06am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (TheCaneMaker) puplically admits: I have been making canes from little trees that I go into the surrounding woods and dig up.<snip> point me in the direction of public lands in which I can seek out the trees I am looking for, (no particular type), So I can dig them up <snip>
You didn't say anything about having permission to dig up trees. Sounds to me like you don't. "Surrounding woods" makes me think "private property", and "public lands" does not mean the public has the right to go out and just dig up trees.
I'm glad you don't live near me, I've got a lot of small trees I wouldn't mind somene digging up, just to get them out - but, only IF THEY ASK FIRST.
JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.