Canafisto?

Ever hear of this wood? A google search comes up with nothing at all. (This time I am sure I have it spelled right; or, at least I have it spelled the same as the lumberyard...)
Wed, Jul 21, 2004, 7:15pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (toller) asks: Ever hear of this wood? A google search comes up with nothing at all. (This time I am sure I have it spelled right; or, at least I have it spelled the same as the lumberyard...)
Or? Canafistola n : deciduous or semi-evergreen tree having scented sepia to yellow flowers in drooping racemes and pods whose pulp is used medicinally; tropical Asia and Central and South America and Australia [syn: golden shower tree, drumstick tree, purging cassia, pudding pipe tree, canafistula, Cassia fistula] Source: WordNet 1.6, 1997 Princeton University
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg

Try Cassiafistula
--
Jon Down
toller wrote:

Doesn't look like a lot of information out there. If you go to <http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us:8080/tilia/StartRunPublicQuery.do?query=_common_names_22aug2003_001&type=browser and plug in "canafisto" you'll get a few hits--appears to be of genus cassia and any of several species. You may get more hits searching on those names.
--
--John
Yeh, it looks to be cassia fistula, but that doesn't help a whole lot. As you noted, there is no information out there. Maybe that means there is something wrong with the wood.

Maybe that means there is something wrong with the wood.
+ + + Well, if it is in a lumber yard it won't be Cassia fistula. Try Peltophorum dubium. PvR