Canadians - guess who's coming?

greater toronto area

Reply to
jimmy

The Mark & Juanita entity posted thusly:

How many Torontonians does it take to change a light bulb?

One. All he has to do is hold it while the universe revolves around him.

That's Greater Toronto Area. They expect you to know that. Please pay attention in future.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

My apologies; I will try to keep up in the future. /Begin malignant narcissist How can the world revolve around *them* when it really revolves around

*me*? /End malignant narcissist

For the humor impaired, that last comment was a joke, I say that was a joke son.

Mark & Juanita

Two. One to change the bulb and one to check and see if New York does it the same way.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

That tells me a lot about where you live, so (as long as it's not Kamloops) have you tried Woodchips over in Coquitlam?, they really aren't far from the KMS

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Three - you forgot about the guy checking how they do it in L.A. (That's Los Angeles for those who don't recognize cities/regions can be identified by initials).

It's funny how so many Torontonians compare themselves either to New York (finance centre, art, theatre etc) or L.A. (film etc) when it's really mostly like Chicago (mid-continent Great Lakes city - one used to smell from the cattle trade, the other is called Hogtown for similar reasons etc).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

(snip)

Hi Lee -

Yes - I do check in frequently...but have been out of the office.

I'm perfectly willing to discuss just about anything... but will not debate specifics publicly with anonymous posters...it's a no win situation. Particularly ones that are vulgar...

If "jimmy the shopper" has a PO box as an address - our hands are tied...we can only use Canada Post. It's not up to us...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Look it up Rob. ON 12806032 I think that was my last order. The jar on the paint sprayer arrived smashed. No biggie because I have 30 just like it but it was my last straw with Canada Post. I have had no problems with your staff. I politely asked last year if I could get home delivery and was told no...end of story. I wasn't rude or vulgar until the likes of Upscale called me a liar.

Reply to
jimmy

"Robin Lee" graciously replied

There ya go.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Takin' my advice.......

Uhh......., Robin, how about a Lee Valley gift certificate??

Or the winning numbers to the lottery?

Or something....

Reply to
Lee Michaels

BTW 4 different courior companies have delivered to my home in the last two months. So no it isn't out of your hands. You could use a different courior other than Canada Post. It's YOUR business decision and I support that. But I refuse to support any business who uses Canada Post when there are plenty of companies more than willing to deliver to my door Canada Post can't even provide a dolly to get the boxes to the car for Christ sake. Your business might be first class Rob but your delivery is decidedly third class.

Reply to
jimmy

In addition. Mark's deliver to my PO BOX as well. Their system is set up to drop at the post office if a PO BOX is in the address. If I remove the PO BOX address from the order they can't process it because it doesn't match my CC address. I asked them if there was any solution and they found one. Now I email my order with a notice asking that the POBOX be ignored for delivery and they deliver right to my house. $5 any order.

So as you see some companies DO put their customers first. I spent $1200 at Mark's this winter. I buy almost all my clothes from them.

Reply to
jimmy

Well "Jimmy" -

With respect - I disagree...

If your address is a PO box, then UPS or FEDEX will not accept the parcel from us - as Canada Post will not take delivery of it... unless someone puts postage on it. That's just the way it is - and we have no choice.

If you can give a shipping address that's a street address - then it's usually no problem (and your shipping address can be completely different from your billing address).

Having made exactly the same sort of trip to the CP depot many times myself - I understand it can be frustrating. Sometimes parcels are left on my doorstop, sometimes they're in the community box, and sometimes they're

2km away at a Pharmacy. You're beef's with Canada Post - not us. We have enough difficulties with Canada Post ourselves...

Take a look at

and then let me know if you think it's MY business decision.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

How much money have you spent at Lee Valley? Post an order number so Rob can see that you're not just news group hot air looking for a free handout.

Reply to
jimmy

My FULL street address is included with every order. In fact I put it ABOVE the BOX number just to make it clear to companies.

Reply to
jimmy

Did you look up my order number. I guess not. My street address is right on the top of every parcel you have sent me. They still go to the post office.

Your own 'Ship To' confirmation has my street address right on top.

Reply to
jimmy

This is NOT true, at least not here. If I leave off the PO Box and you ship with Canada Post they will RETURN the parcel as no valid address. Futureshop suggested I leave off the PO Box and only list my street address and the blender I ordered was sent back by the post office as address unknown.

Future shop uses the identical service you do at least as far as I can tell. Priority post told me that if you live in an area that get's it's mail in a PO Box that is the ONLY address they consider valid.

Reply to
jimmy

Last public reply - but, I'd be glad to deal with you directly on this...

If your address has "PO BOX xxx" in it - we can't use anything but Canada Post...

Since your orders have been placed on the internet - you are in control of what address is entered. From the orders I have reviewed - there has been no "Shipping address" used, nor has there been a request to ignore or remove to "PO BOX xxx". You have requested catalogues, and you have returned a vase brush after it melted when you used it with xylene....but those are the only notes.

While we can ship to you by FedEx or UPS, we would have to quote you exact shipping for those orders...the rates are significantly higher than we've allowed for in our pricing.

For example, to ship a $10 book weighing 1 kg (2.2 pounds) to your residence would cost :

$27.30 by FedEx ground $26.13 by UPS Standard ($41.29 Express)

$11.97 by Canada Post (and, I would add - that's for delivery in 6 business days, which is pretty good for all the way across the country)

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

It wouldn't matter in this area. Like I said Canada Post does not do home delivery here.

LOL! You would have to mention that. I expected if it could handle lacquer thinner it would handle Xylene and when I phoned I took FULL responsibility for being wrong. I never even asked for a refund. I just suggested that a warning be added that it was not suitable for all thinners. Xylene turned that container into a pretzel.

I will certainly check if I place another order. Rob I loved Lee Valley but did make a change to other companies that have served me well since. I tend to be a very loyal customer and often buy things from a favorite supplier even if they are cheaper elsewhere. If they let me down you are first in line for my business if I can get reasonable home delivery.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
jimmy

No wonder things are less expensive 'up north'! In L.A. it takes _five_ people to change a light bulb -- one to do the task and four to 'share the experience'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

If it is a flourescent bulb, you'll need at least one more to file the environmental impact statement and, since you're in California, maybe a lawyer.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser