Canada Post shipping experience.

Page 3 of 4

Yeah sure. I buy 150 square feet of veneer from Lee Valley and I'm trolling.<g>

Yes. The two are in no way mutually exclusive.
You're a troll, plain and simple.
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:43:10 -0600, Dave Balderstone

And you are the second biggest tool in the group, and far from the sharpest. <g> Do you actually do any woodworking?

Chuckle, chuckles. The biggest tools win, donchaknow.

Yes.
Do you?
So far all we know about you is claim to spend a lot of money on non-woodworking stuff at LV (your own words), and know how to bitch a lot.

Big deal! I could spend $20,000 a year at Lee Valley and still know zip about woodworking. If you're trying to suggest that you know your way around a workshop, you're doing a poor job of going about it ~ almost as bad a job as you've been doing with your whining about Lee Valley and postal shipping.

Did you read the subject line of this thread? Me and one other person have a KEEN interest in the Lee Valley vacuum kit. Nothing at all to do with knowing our way around a workshop. If I did know it all I would build a vacuum press from information found on the net. I simply don't have the skills, which limits me to veneer that can be rolled flat. I have plenty that won't.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

What happened to your Lee Valley boycott?

What boycott? I stopped 'quietly' shopping at Lee Valley a year ago because I got better service (for my needs, your mileage may vary) elsewhere.
If Lee Valley has something I can't get from my present suppliers, like the vacuum kit, and I want it, I will certainly order it.
I BOYCOTT Walmart and COSTCO. I haven't been into either business in 15 years or more. I would LOVE to BOYCOTT Home Depot but unfortunately they deliver to my door at a fraction of the cost of RONA or Home Hardware.

What boycott? If you don't call it a boycott, what *exactly* do you call the dozens and dozens of message you've posted in the last few weeks about refusing to buy from Lee Valley because of shipping problems. And how *exactly* do you equate 'quietly' with the dozens and dozens of messages you've posted about Lee Valley shipping problems.
God, you're so full of bullshit you're overflowing.

You are the biggest tool here...and the most useless.

(snip)
Here you go Jimmy....this is from the MFG website:
Better Homes and Gardens WOOD Magazine (Review of the Thin Air Press) It gets a 5 star rating with quotes like "the results were outstanding" we must be doing something right. February/March 2006 USA
Woodworking for Women Magazine (Review of the Roarockit Thin Air Press Kit (for woodworkers) February 2006 USA
American Woodworker Magazine (Article by George Vondriska about Roarockit woodworker's kit) Early 2006 USA
Woodcraft Magazine (Vacuum veneering: a 5 page article by Doug Stowe about Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2006 USA
Australian Wood Review Magazine (Review about Roarockit woodworker's kit) December 2005 Australia
Spotmag Magazine (Review about Roarockit skateboard deck building kit) Janaury 2006 Spain
Woodworking for Women Magazine (Vacuum veneering: an article by Anna Thompson on Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2006 USA
The Maui News (Article on Roarockit Skateboard Company and our teaching program) Summer 2005
Concrete Wave Magazine (Article by Malakai Kingston about deckmaking classes at the University of California San Diego using in part Roarockit deckmaking program and materials) Summer 2005 USA
Fine Woodworking Magazine (Article by Anatole Burkin, editor. About Roarockit woodworker's kit) August 2005 USA
Woodcraft Magazine (Article by Tim Rinehart about Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2005 USA

Looks like it will meet my needs. It was the durability factor I was worried about. A little late because I'm just about to go whole hog in the garden but I will be ordering one of these kits.
You will be pleased I'm about done ragging on Lee Valley. I'm the anal type who figures maybe just one more explanation is in order to get my point across. It never works, I just dig a deeper hole, but that doesn't stop me from trying.<g>

If you're going to complain about your own decision, then don't be so cheap next time and pay for delivery to your house.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Do you and Upscale share a brain?

BTW dumbASS Futureshop never even informed customers of the delivery change. One day instead of the usual home delivery I had from them for two years I found my parcels going to the Post Office. Not only that you weren't even required to sign for them. So if your card informing you of the parcel goes into someone else's box (happens at least twice a year) and the clerk hands them an UNWRAPPED DVD player what do you think that person might do?
BTW there is NO WAY to get a parcel from Futureshop delivered to your home either. Like Lee Valley they will only ship via Canada Post. I offered to pay the difference. They said no.
Do you have UPS or FedEx up North??

Why? Lee Valley won't use them.

So when I called LV on phone yesterday for you and they told me they can ship by UPS, they were lying?
I just placed an order from Lee Valley When asked how it would ship she said. Fed Ex to a home, UPS to a business. If I request it I could get either UPS, postal servive or fed Ex. What great service and product from Lee valley.

They were confused.