can you measure your Xacta fence please?

I'm thinking to make as set of rails and guide (tube) for an Xacta fence.

What is the size of the rails? Is is 1.5" x 1.5" x 1/4" angle iron or 2" x

2". What is the thickness?

What size is the guide tube? 2" x 4" ? what thickness?

Reply to
Kevin

In case you missed my last post.

I just when down to the shop and measured.

Jet Deluxe Commercial fence (same as their standard commercial and HomeShop fence)

Back rail - 1.5" x 1.5" x 3/16" thick Front "L" rail - 2.5" x 2.5" x 3/16" thick Front rectangular tubing - 2"h x 3"w x just under 1/8" thick

Tap the tubing, drill all the holes on the "L" stock oversized to allow for adjustment.

Reply to
Nova

I warn you before commenting here, I have had a spot of bourbon, but I have had the Home version and the Commercial Exacta fences from Jet and the front box rails that the fences locked down on are different sizes. I had the older blue Home version and have the newer Commercial white one.

Reply to
Leon

The three Jet fences, HomeShop, Commercial and Deluxe Commercial, that I have/had (I gave the HomeShop away) were all the white ones. I've used them all on the same rail without any problem on my JTAS-10XL30-3 Xacta cabinet saw.

IIRC you have the same saw.

Reply to
Nova

Well one of the Exacta fences has smaller rails. That would be the Home version. I am not doubting anything you say about the size of you rails but am only pointing out that at least on the older Home shop versions the front tails tube and fence re notably smaller. My older Home Shop one was the old blue color. I am just pointing this out in case the OP accidentally has one of the older and smaller fences.

Reply to
Leon

The one on this used saw looks to be the commercial flavor. It's the 'blue' one, but the fence sticks 6" or so beyond the table and the rails are in the size range noted here -- 2.5" angle on front, 2"x3" tube for guide.

Thanks for warning.. I will double check.

Reply to
Kevin

Several years ago all the Jet tools were blue. Also several years ago the Home Shop version of the Exacta fence was apparently a lot smaller, very obviously smaller. About 8 years ago when I got my newer white Jet cabinet saw with the commercial fence and rails looked enormous. ;~) I don't doubt Jacks comments that his Home Shop version was bigger this may have been the way they were made earlier or later than the version that I had.

Reply to
Leon