Can you identify this HPLV turbine?

I just got back from a flea market where I bought an HPLV spray kit consisting of a turbine, 10' of hose and an pot-type spray gun for $40.00. The seller said he had used it professionally for some years to spray a variety of coatings, but hadn't used it for some time and thus decided to sell it. I plugged the turbine in and it seemed to run just fine. I took the gun apart, and though well used, seemed to be all there. I want to use it for spraying poly on cabinets, and perhaps painting walls as well, if appropriate.

The plate says it is a model CSI-400, S/N 131469. 11.7 amps, 5 psi, 60 cfm, 2hp.

Elsewhere is a label saying "Softspray" and "400 Model"

Any idea what I got? The Seller says he got it at a local paint store and that parts are still available. A google search of the web and of the newsgroups turned up absolutely nothing, which did not encourage me much. Did I waste $40 or what?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme

I am assuming that's HVLP, not HPLV?

SoftSpray is a Wagner trademark these days, but they list no model CSI-400 in their manuals.

Have you tried the store he bought it from? They might have more info.

Sorry...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Yes, of course - HVLP. No, it being Sunday, I have not checked the store yet.

I saw the association with Softspray and Wagner, but their website also has no mention.

Anybody else have any further info?

At the very least, can anybody comment on the specs mentioned above?

Thanks, Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme