Can you give me some help on making this angle cut?

Page 2 of 2

Do you own a decent jack or jointer plane? Knocking the corners off to 22-1/2 degrees shouldn't take all that long to do. Probably take less time then setting this up on a table saw.
Len

precise an angle. However, since I don't own one I don't know what I am talking about!

Set a bevel gauge for 22-1/2 degrees and check as you go. Same way you'd check the angles on slats for a wooden bucket.
Len
I agree with the router table solution.
Quick, easy, safe, and "very" accurate.
I own a large 8" jointer and that would not be my first choice for the project.
Dick Snyder wrote:

Rather than use double stick tape, I used a piece of 1/2" of Baltic Birch plywood clamped to the face frame and did a few dry runs through the jointer. With the jointer fence angled down toward the bed at a 22.5 degree angle, the whole thing is kind of heavy and I think I will not be able to keep the 1/2" backer board tight to the jointer fence the whole time and multiple times as I make enough passes to remove all the material (my face frame is oak).
An early idea was to use a 22.5 degree chamfer bit in my router table (more on this in a second).
Then there was discussion about using a panel raising jig so that I could make the cut with the face frame in a vertical manner so the fence to saw blade distance is no longer an issue.
I rejected (without commenting) the chamfer bit as I really wanted to make the cut on each of the two faces at 22.7 degrees so that the outer (visible) edge of the joint would be nice and tight when I glued the two pieces up. Maybe that was a silly quibble. I think the chamfer bit is the way for me to go. As some point I will need to make a panel raising jig but I don't have one now and the Rockler store where I can get the bit tomorrow is not terribly far away from me.
So that is the direction I will take. Assuming my test cuts go well, I will be in business. If not, I will own a new router bit and I will be building a panel raising jig. Thanks all for your help. This group has almost never failed me when I have had a problem I needed your help with.
Thanks everyone. I will report back after I have used the chamfer bit tomorrow or Sunday!
Dick

Everything came out fine. Thanks to Morris Dovey for the suggestion and thanks again to all of you for your help. I have not only completed this step of my project successfully, I learned some other ways to solve this kind of problem for the future.
Dick