Can't lift grime of table saw

If the ribs were part of the top, they weren't stamped nor were they steel.

Reply to
CW

Not ribs like a heat sink, ribs like a pickup truck bed. Perhaps 'corrugations stamped into the field area' would be a better description. Looked like the table extensions on a modern big saw. Something to keep the itty-bitty top of the saw halfway flat. My memory could be faulty- I looked at a few of the things maybe ten years ago, decided they were toys, and decided to do without till I had room and money for a real saw. (Got the money now, but no room.) As little ripping as I do, and no cabinetry, the old reliable method of sawhorses, straigtedges, and clamps is adequate. I have a chop saw for square ends on 2x and trim.

-- aem sends...

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Come on over; got two here. Delta brands. One ancient, the other abt 5 years. They still make the steel, I"ve seen it in the stores. It costs more is all, but it's less likely to suffer from dings etc..

Reply to
Twayne

Got a link?

Reply to
CW

Well the one i just got for Christmas is solid cast iron. I wouldn't even walk by an aluminum one. what a joke that would be.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Every one that I have ever seen was wood, Plexiglas, or plastic. I have never seen a steel or aluminum table saw top. Because I have never seen one, you all must be wrong, and I must be right. Hope this helps you guys out. Which way did you come in?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

Try Krud Kutter. No smell & quite effective.

Reply to
mike