Can't Find a J-roller for Laminate

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area, but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

Mr. Fixit, (IF that's your real name)... I saw J-rollers today at Home Despot. Not in the tool dept though...near the edge-banding tape.

btw... the triple-headed laminate rollers, do not apply as much pressure as the single ones (too much distribution over area)

Reply to
Robatoy

I have had good results with a rubber mallet. small taps, lots of them....

Reply to
bridger

On 11 Mar 2005 15:26:46 -0800, the inscrutable "Mr Fixit eh" spake:

Go to Google Images, look for pics, make a wooden roller on a handle shaped like that in under an hour. What's the problem?

I made a couple small kitchen countertops, about 2'x2', without one using a piece of tubafore and a rubber mallet. If you make sure you use solvent-based contact cement and let it flash properly, I doubt you'll have a problem.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Every BORG and hardware store in Central CT has them.

Skip the flooring area and head towards the plastic laminate. The J rollers are often right next to the contact cements comarketed near the sheet laminate rack.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I used to use what was called a wallpaper seam roller. It had a straight handle and a wooden roller.

Reply to
Chris Ross

I used the bread pin roller from the house and it worked fine. Had to use it on the laminate for the SWMBO's sewing table so as not to get too much grief!.

Allyn

Reply to
Allyn Vaughn