Can't drill a straight hole?

Can you clarify this. Are you talking about the bit being smaller at the check end than the cutting tip? This would make some sense to me and I'll retract the BS if that's the case. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Leon, have you ever drilled a four inch deep hole with a 1/4 inch Forstner? If not you might want to give it a try.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I probably have all of one hour's use put into that

1/2" twist bit over the past 10 years. The yellow titanium coating is still intact. My 1/2" brad points see the most use, followed by 1/2" Forstners where I need a clean, flat bottomed pocket hole.
Reply to
Father Haskell

Verify if you like. Drill a test hole in a piece of aluminum plate. Use the bit for a gauge, see which end has the most play in the test hole. 0.005" should be easily detectable by feel.

Reply to
Father Haskell

What, you couldn't just tell us which end you were talking about?

Reply to
-MIKE-