Can someone identify this wood?

I'd take one of those cabinet doors with me to the lumber retailer so as to get the best match.
Tony Sivori wrote:

Yes.... <wry :) >

It doesn't look like oak to me.

More importantly, what's up with this? http://picasaweb.google.com/TonySivori/House#5167794062725600178
RicodJour wrote:

Yowsers. Hey, check this stuff out: http://picasaweb.google.com/TonySivori/House#5342028647671709442
We used to make "salad" out of that stuff when we were kids. It's like nature's sweet tarts. Hopefully it's not poisonous... :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

That's a house I briefly looked at when I was house shopping. A nice house, and close to where I work, but I just wasn't in the market for an indoor pool. :-)

That's Woodsorrel. If you like you're welcome to graze on what's left. I finally found a weedkiller that works on it so there is a lot less in my yard than there used to be.
--
Tony Sivori
sump pump not working ? Drainage along the house not working ?
RicodJour wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

I'm not sure.
Maybe there wasn't a sump pump. Or maybe the power had been cut. It was just a vacant for sale house that was listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). As soon as I saw that crawlspace, I went on to the next one.
This one is my house, in the ice storm Louisville had last winter. When that branch hit the roof at 3 AM, it sounded like it might end up in bed with me!
http://picasaweb.google.com/TonySivori/House#5297175940832823010
That ice storm resulted in the worst power outage in Kentucky history.
--
Tony Sivori
Tony Sivori wrote:

My buddy's an engineer for AEP. He had to spend about a week down there helping your boys work out of that.
--

-MIKE-

A couple of people I know went down there from here. We're used to that kinda stuff.

It is unquestionably *not* any type of oak. I don't think it's maple either, though. My money is on yellow birch.
Pine with a heavy golden oak finish. Martin
Tony Sivori wrote:

Birch plywood from the 70s' or 80's with one of about a million different stains.