Can it get any uglier?

... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

ARE these people thinking?

Robatoy

Their marketeers are probably telling the designers that they need to focus on those folks in their late teens and early 20's who are starting to buy their own power tools!

--Jim

Reply to
KENDALL SEYBERT

That is FUNNY! Thanks Ed, for the laugh.

I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it. Can you imagine the laughs you'd get (aimed at you!) if you had one of those on your bench. Or, worse, if you were on a job and pulled one out of your toolbox -- you'd be buying afterwork beers for a long, long time!

Tex

Reply to
Tex

Actually a pretty nice saw. Glad I got mine before the fixation with tennis shoes struck the designers. It looks like the curvy, multi colored, imbedded rubber look might be catching. My wife bought me a new stapler the other day that looks like it was designed by Hitachi.

Reply to
CW

Hmm, should make for a bargain price at a yard sale in a couple of years.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

RUN.!!!!!! It's the GREEN HORNET!!!

Reply to
Leon

Charlie b hit the nail on the head, as usual, yesterday in his post titled: "Spinning the word 'Innovative".

Reply to
Swingman

It is a penguin in a Darth Vader mask, at Carnival in Rio, getting humped by a drunken wasp, isn't it?

Reply to
Swingman

Same thing these people were thinking except these people still hold the UGLY title.

Leon

Are you talking about the page content, or the URL ?

Reply to
Doug Miller

At least it would be difficult to lose in the shop.

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

He's sure not afraid of me. A little while ago he popped under the door, looked at me with a "You're *still* working on that?" look and then scurried off again. A one eyed iguana eating a jig saw should do the trick.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Had a buddy got blind one night drunk and wandered into a tattoo parlor for a couple few too many hours.

The result looked more or less like that jigsaw.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Somebody _really_ should send that description to the manufacturer!

Ether there will be an _immediate_ product re-design, or they'll pick it up as a marketing theme.

Maybe next they'll do a palm sander that looks like a flying turtle. People could nickname it 'Mothra'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Reply to
sweetsawdust

"Robatoy" wrote

I looked at that thing and gasped.

I could only think of one thing.

Would I put my hand in such a thing?

And if I was stupid enough to do so, would I get any fingers back?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard.

Robatoy

A variation on JOAT's yellow paint theme?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

That's one of the things that gets me... it may very well be a an excellent saw.... but it's so damned hard to look at it in a serious light.

Robatoy

Looks like a kid's athletic shoe. At least it would be easy to spot your stolen jig saw.

Reply to
Phisherman