Can it get any uglier?

Page 1 of 2

<G>... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:
http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu
Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?
Their marketeers are probably telling the designers that they need to focus on those folks in their late teens and early 20's who are starting to buy their own power tools!
--Jim

snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca says...

That is FUNNY! Thanks Ed, for the laugh.
I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it. Can you imagine the laughs you'd get (aimed at you!) if you had one of those on your bench. Or, worse, if you were on a job and pulled one out of your toolbox -- you'd be buying afterwork beers for a long, long time!
Tex
"Tex" wrote in message

It is a penguin in a Darth Vader mask, at Carnival in Rio, getting humped by a drunken wasp, isn't it?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Somebody _really_ should send that description to the manufacturer!
Ether there will be an _immediate_ product re-design, or they'll pick it up as a marketing theme.
Maybe next they'll do a palm sander that looks like a flying turtle. People could nickname it 'Mothra'.

They already have.
Leon wrote:

Not to be pedantic about this BUT Mothra was a giant moth. The flying turtle with flames shooting from its ass was Gamera. <Sheesh! Don't you guys know anything?>
FoggyTown
Swingman wrote:

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard.
Actually a pretty nice saw. Glad I got mine before the fixation with tennis shoes struck the designers. It looks like the curvy, multi colored, imbedded rubber look might be catching. My wife bought me a new stapler the other day that looks like it was designed by Hitachi.

CW wrote:

That's one of the things that gets me... it may very well be a an excellent saw.... but it's so damned hard to look at it in a serious light.
They have recently done the same to their routers. Been thinking seriously of getting their big one before old stock dries up.

Hmm, should make for a bargain price at a yard sale in a couple of years.

RUN.!!!!!! It's the GREEN HORNET!!!
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Charlie b hit the nail on the head, as usual, yesterday in his post titled: "Spinning the word 'Innovative".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Are you talking about the page content, or the URL ?
--
Regards,

Yeah, I always thought that was a pretty ugly car. But it's an ugly-duckling, didn't-grow-up-to-be-pretty, passive sort of ugly. You can just ignore it. The Hitachi saw OTOH is a wild, screaming-in-your-face, look-at-me sort of ugly that you can't ignore.
To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com
John
Leon wrote:

You call that ugly? That's not ugly. THIS <http://www.citroen.mb.ca/cItROeNeT/utilities/2cv-camionette/2cvan.html is _ugly_.
In answer to the question "what kind of car should a person living in NYC have" the editors of Road & Track once responded "A Citroen 2CV corrugated van--it's small enough that you can sometimes find room to park it, the suspension system can deal with NYC potholes, it doesn't use much gas, it is so ugly that nobody would want to steal it, when it gets dents in it nobody can tell, and with 18 horsepower you never have to worry about a speeding ticket."
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Robatoy wrote:

At least it would be difficult to lose in the shop.
FoggyTown

This is just the thing I need to scare the mouse out of the shop. He's sure not afraid of me. A little while ago he popped under the door, looked at me with a "You're *still* working on that?" look and then scurried off again. A one eyed iguana eating a jig saw should do the trick.
-Leuf