Can I use a router on oak?

good point.

Reply to
mark

My .02 cents worth...

Use a good and sharp bit with a bearing roller to reduce drag. Keep the router moving. Also take small bites and make a few passes over the edge to achieve the final radius.

Luck, Brian

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

In addition, I would try chamfering the edges on the ts prior to running the router.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Take note of who ever told you that and don't listen to them. In fact I just finished making a new tread for my MIL's front door. I used a piece of oak stair tread, ripped it down, glued it up and then routed all the edges.

Like any wood, use a sharp bit, and take small passes.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt