Can I jack plane 2x4 studs flat?

Page 2 of 2
posted from:
is good advice.
Can someone translate this to an Nfilter statement for us?
montyhp

I think this'll do it:
rec.woodworking drop nntp-posting-host:.*206.216.48
HTH
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:54:35 -0400, "Montyhp" <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote:

UPDATE: he's posting through random hosts in the ICG netblock. presumably a dial-up-connection.
The following nFilter magic will catch all the ICG hosts You *WILL* need to have 'enable regular expressions' selected in the configuration panel.
rec.woodworking drop nntp-posting-host:.*206\.216\.[456]
For those who care, the 'general form' of an nFilter incantation is:
newsgroup_name action header:matchstring
The usual 'action' is 'drop', you can also 'flag', or 'score' see the manual 'header' is the header you want to filter on, and 'matchstring' is the 'regular expression' you want to match,
a 'regular expression' can be a literal string, that requires an exact match, or can contain 'patterns' that match any of a number things -- e.g. the '[456]' in the nFilter rule above is a pattern that matches "either a 4, or a 5, or a 6".
NOTE: '.' has a special meaning in a regular expression (i.e. 'match _any_     character'), so when you want to match *only* a '.', you have to     precede it with a '', to indicate you mean the 'literal character .',     not the 'match any' symbol. Caveat: the first '.' must -not- be     'escaped' that way, because it *is* being used as 'match any character'.     a 'reading' of the rule is      match the string 'nntp-posting-host' (*WITHOUT* regard to case),      followed by a ':',      followed by 'any character' (indicated by the '.') occurring ZERO      OR MORE TIMES (indicated by the '*' following the '.')      followed by the string '206',      followed by a literal '.',      followed by the string '216'      followed by a literal '.',      followed by one of the characters '4', '5', or '6'

I KNOW it is a hell of a watse because I did back in '76. Wood is too soft, is way to heavy to move, just generally too soft. Soaks up oil and anything else quickly, stains, plus you will have a blast trying to level it with a belt sander on those knots. I glued and ran a 36" steel threaded rod through it every 16" for strength. look at making a frame and placing a piece of Birch over it. the pine is just a waste. It sits in my old milk barn now where it has for 27 years. I will sell it cheap though.