Can I call this a gloat?

Just a humble lurker who recently bought 100 + bd ft of 5/4 hard maple and yellow birch for $ 50 CDN. Air dried three years, 8' lengths ra
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:52:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@canoemail.com wrote:

oops... pushed a wrong button........ ...... random widths up to 9" , rough not dressed, not graded, certainly not FAS, some select, but mostly with defects. Seller had 700 bd ft
Ken
I think that you can gloat.
If you are accustomed to getting this sort of wood into decent shape, then you know all the work that lies ahead.
I have a local supplier who sells (say) 4/4 red oak for about $2.25 (US)/bd ft. When I bought my first 100 bf, I drove away thinking how smart and clever I was.
After a few days with my 12 inch planer, jointer, TS etc, I was not so sure.
These days, I find myself turning to the pretty BORG oak for many of my smaller projects - at about 3x the cost but 1/3 the frustration. Sort of evens out.
Lou

It's a minor wood gloat, by rec. standards, it seems , but it is mine. It's a lot of work dressing this stuff, had to sand a couple boards to remove dirt etc., but If the price is right I don't mind. Nice to have a supply of low cost HW for shop jigs, projects etc
Ken