Can I attach these legs to plywood?

I want to make a computer desk, quick n easy. I'm not really a woodworker, though I'd like to be. :)
I have some table legs like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category196&itemC19932010&rd , FOLDING BANQUET CARD DISPLAY TABLE LEGS.
I'm wanting something like this, but not particle board. http://store.yahoo.com/everythingofficefurniture/focota24dex3.html
So I'm wondering if I can buy a piece of plywood & attach these legs to the plywood? The legs are designed to be screwed into the wood, will this work with plywood? Or do I need a completely different plan?
I hate the computer desks I see in the stores, mostly particle board in my price range. As the prices go up, I'm still disappointed in the designs, so spending more money doesn't seem to be the answer. I don't have the skills or tools or time to make something really nice, so I just want something quick & simple & sturdy.
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

go for it
No problem. Use 3/4" long screws in a piece of 3/4" plywood.
--
Nahmie
Then cheat. Two drawer file cabinets are the right height and are available at barewood furniture places and your local lumber provider can cut the plywood to fit the top 24 inches by 72 is a big desk with storage. Some Screws from the cabinet into the plywood to hold it in place (not really needed, Double backed tape works just as well) Finish it your way. One all wood computer desk
Alli wrote:

Something else to consider, take 2 two drawer file cabinets and an old door. I know it sounds silly, but it works. Neighbor found a solid door, and he is using it for his sons "desk" and that boy abuses everything. He has had it for a few years now good to go
Clif