Can I accessorize my Ridgid table saw for routing?

Does anyone know if one can buy (or make) an attachment to the Ridgid TS3650 table saw for having a router table off to the side? I've seen this done for some other saws. The TS3650 has nice wings and plenty of space for a router. And I have a nice router lift, so my Bosch could easily sit below table level and not get in the way.

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

?t=2478&highlight=TS3650+router+extension+wing

RayV

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:PMKdnTP-h7mZVbfZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Go to the Woodworking section of the RIdgid Forums site. Do a search and you will come up with a scad of threads and pics of homemade router extensions. I'm jus about finished with mine now.

C & E

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thank you! I was thinking of building a router table, so building one as an extension on the wings of the tablesaw shouldn't be any harder.

The forum has lots of great discussions on this. Thanks!

Thanks again!

Jack

RayV wrote:

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

As I wrote above, this forum has tons of great material on it. THANKS so much!

I think I'll try my hand at building my own too.

Thanks again!

Jack

C & E wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Wow ... with all those hobbies and interests, how do you find time to eat? Noticed you own a Mini-14 and an SKS. Me too. Out here in New Mexico, people don't mind stuff like that. Heck, I remember my first time in the state ... was in a McDonalds and some guy comes in to get a burger with a six shooter hanging off his belt. Interesting.

Thanks for the note on the support for the extension. With the extra weight, I think it makes a lot of sense to do that. I'll do something like what you show on your site.

Thanks again!

Jack