Can-exel siding

Anyone here have any experience with can exel siding. What do you think of it?

Reply to
habbi

Two words: Hated it.

The way it locks together is tedious and ineffective and the little aluminum butt joint strips are ridiculous. I believe the warranty is still 15 years which, when compared to other products on the market, is inadequate. That's my two cents worth...hope it helped. Corey

coreyleiper

Are you referring to the Ced'R Vue which has the plastic spline along the entire length of the siding. Why do you say it is tedious, it simply sits on the course below it. Also I was planning on caulking all butt joints and not using those aluminum things. The manufacturer recommends either way.

Reply to
habbi

I say it's tedious because I have installed it before. You asked who had experience with it and for their thoughts -- and that's what I provided. The way it "simply sits on the course below", as you say, is indeed tedious. It's not as simple as just "sitting" on the course below. The lip that rests over the previous piece is extremely tiny (short) and extremely vulnerable to damage, etc. Whether or not you caulk the joints or use the aluminum strips is up to you, just be aware that the aluminum strips are fussy and ugly and caulking the butt joints may not be an effective way or preventing water penetration. I already discussed the warranty so I won't delve into that again.

Again -- hope this helps. If you prefer to go in blind and do not appreciate the advice (which you asked for) then please carry on without questioning my logic and/or recommendation.

Good luck!

Reply to
coreyleiper

Relax big fella