Can edge joint with a planer.

x-no-archive:yes

I want to make a butcher blok out of hard maple. I have a hard maple rough cut one inch board. Can I cut it into one inch wide strips and plane all edges so it is down to 3/4 then glue them togther? Does that make sense?

Reply to
stryped

Nope. Not unless you glue them together then cut into pieces the width you want the butcher block then glue them together again...butcher blocks are end grain.

Reply to
dadiOH

I assume you mean an edge-grain cutting board rather than a true end-grain butcher block?

You need to get one straight/flat face first. I think all you've got is a planer, so either use hand tools or else build a sled for the planer.

Then plane the other side.

Rip it into strips, then rotate all the pieces so that the planed edges line up, and glue it.

Flatten/plane again.

Reply to
Chris Friesen

x-no-archive:yes

I am sorry I meant cutt> stryped wrote:

Reply to
stryped

Try looking it up on google...there's all sorts of examples.

Up to you--but why would you want to run many strips through the planer when you can just do one board before ripping it?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Why not just cut the crap and stop asking the same question over and over again?

When someone replies to you and quotes you, your dumbass TROLLS still get archived, regardless of your no-archive flag:

If it the url wrapped, simply google "edge joint stryped"

Reply to
B A R R Y

You just don't learn, do you?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

LOL! Look who's talking. Dave I have tree stumps in my yard smarter than you.

Reply to
Jimmy

On 4/11/2006 9:41 PM Dave Balderstone mumbled something about the following:

Neither do the fools that keep answering his questions.

Reply to
Odinn

If he assembles it with those half-length nails, the planer blades will not hit them, right?

Reply to
Robatoy

stryped wrote: : x-no-archive:yes

: I want to make a butcher blok out of hard maple. I have a hard maple : rough cut one inch board. Can I cut it into one inch wide strips and : plane all edges so it is down to 3/4 then glue them togther?

Yes!

Does that : make sense?

No!

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Dunno. Did he get that answer when he spawned the thread about the same question two montha ago?

Jeez... I need a break. I'm off to ZomboCom.

ya there...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone