Can circular blade for plywood be used on other types of wood ?

Dear Group,
I am new to this group and also very new to wood working. Just starting to get interested. After several negotiations with my wife I have started investing in some tools.
Recently I purchased a 7-1/4 plywood cutting circu;ar blade and I am wondering if I can use this to cut other types of wood which are not plywood.
Pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question.
Thanks and Regards, rsr
News Reader wrote:

You can cut plain-old wood with a plywood blade...but it will probably cut very slowly. A good carbide combination blade at Home Depot will only set you back a few $$.
************************************ Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me) ************************************
Is there a site with attributes of blades? Differences between uses for 80tpi and 24tpi is one example. FAQ have it?
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:18:11 GMT, Chris Merrill

Clint is correct. You can use the plywood blade but it won't work great. You may find that it actual burns the edge of the wood. The combo blade have open slots around the edge to give the wood you are cutting a place to go and thus prevent the burning.
Good luck!
snipped-for-privacy@regeti.com (News Reader) wrote in message

I dont think thats such a good idea! I think the blade will heat.
News Reader wrote: Group: rec.woodworking Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003, 7:20am (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@regeti.com (NewsReader) Dear Group, I am new to this group and also very new to wood working. Just starting to get interested. After several negotiations with my wife I have started investing in some tools. Recently I purchased a 7-1/4 plywood cutting circu;ar blade and I am wondering if I can use this to cut other types of wood which are not plywood. Pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question. Thanks and Regards, rsr ************************************************* I use my plywood blade for cutting plexiglass and it works fine. However I would not use it for any other wood but plywood. Peace ~ Sir Edgar
Dear Group,

Do you need per permission to get a haircut also?

While you can, you shouldn't. It was designed to do a specific job well and it will do other job either poorly, or the blade will suffer and not do such a good job on plywood the next time. Get a good combination blade at th e very least. Cheap blades can be more of a hassle and more expensive in the long run. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome