Can anyone identify this tool?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/6342437035/in/photostream/lightbox /
You can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The long piece fits in the two "brackets" as shown in the second and third photos. I assume that is how it is intended to be used, even thought the fit binds a bit, possibly due to rust.
I'm sure that someone here must know the function of this item. Who'll be first?

It's a motormount. The motor bolts to the long piece and the brackets moount to the machine so the motor can swing and keep the belt tight. Often used on tablesaws and lathes.
In

Pics aren't detailed enough, but motor mount's a good possibility. If I look at it right, I can also reference it to an old punch I used to have.
HTH,
Twayne`

I'll bite: Swingset hinge! <snort>
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King